1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously... I'm sick of all this McHale hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marsarinian, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

What the title says. I know as fans, we all need someone to blame to release our frustration from watching a young team struggle on the court, but cut the guy some slack. Only one starter from last year's team is back, handed with an entire roster full of inexperienced young players with little to no veteran influence, McHale's job is not really an easy one.

I know we all think there's SOME problem with his rotations, but at this point, I'm not even concerned about minutes, or offensive sets, or anything of that nature. I'm happy enough knowing that we have a coach who cares passionately about winning, will do everything he can to instill a winning culture into this team, and that the better player will get the minutes. McHale has proven that he doesn't "hate" rookies - just look at Parsons' case from last year.

All of our guys are young guys. The only reason why we think Terrence Jones has more "potential" than Patterson is because we haven't seen him play an NBA game yet. After this season, unless Jones becomes a breakout star, I bet people will be screaming for him to go to the bench for the next 6'9'' PF that we're inevitably going to draft. It's just how life works.

Our star player has been here for a total of what, a week? 10 days? To complain about not having a silky smooth offense at this point is just laughable. Seriously, let's all take a collective deep breath, and enjoy watching a team that actually has a future.

Reality check: Harden is an All-Star calibre player, and by far the best player on our team. However, he's not exactly All-NBA just yet. He's also not going to lead the league in scoring this season. Jeremy Lin is a good, solid starting point guard in this league. Omer Asik is a elite defensive big man with butterfingers. That's it.

Let's think of the big picture. If our offense is still a torrid mess by All-Star weekend, I'll be first to complain. Before then, I'm just going to catch every game, scream at the officials, and try not to start another useless thread like this. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

3. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

The real whipping boy is Douglas...

1 person likes this.
  4. trowa

trowa Member

i dont hate him, he is a fail coach as expected

5. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I HATE KEVIN MCHALE

6. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

7. trowa

trowa Member

should make him suit up and play pf for us

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

A guy like James Harden you plug right in...but its the entire offense...summer league, preseason...this team cant even make a simple thing work...

ie pick and roll...Stockton and Malone did it to death...but they made is work...

Our high screen and roll..has been not efficient and the team doesnt seem to have anything different...a ton of plays looks like it was drawn up by the PG...thats not the way an efficient offense works...

9. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

But it's Mchale's fault for playing him more than 10 minutes

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

McHale is a consummate professional! And I like it!

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

lol trying to cast the voice of reason right after a loss... I should be rookiefied :p

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

does mchale sit scola and landry in their rookie seasons?? im thinking yes..

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

14. passdarock

passdarock Member

Let just say....McHale has not surpassed my expectations and they weren't that high. SMH

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I honestly don't think he is even better than the likes of Vinny Del Negro. Fail coach.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If you don't like it, you should leave. This is Clutchfans. We rag on great coaches, hate good coaches, and wish death on McHale-quality coaches. That's life around here.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

but once again he doesn't play the rooks

18. passdarock

passdarock Member

McHale is terrible but he is tolerable compared to Clyde.

Never had I thought about breaking my tv before until I heard him commentate.

He is unbearably stupid.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

McHale is a darkhorse to win MVP and coach of the year.

20. redlawn

redlawn Member

The hate is overboard. Team is trying to establish an identity first, before bringing in the rooks. I have no problems with what coach is doing.

Now if only we could start hitting open shots...