1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious Question: Former Rockets Overrated?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 5, 2013.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

This.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

GS spent his summer time in Rox practice room. If GS were in Sun or Raptors, he would have spent it in vacation.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yes the Suns are terrible. That much is evident. What I'm saying is shouldn't they be better if Dragic and Scola were true difference makers on the court? Many of us thought that they were when they were here. I did a side by side roster comparison a few posts up and if I temper my homerism bias just a little, I would say both the Suns and the Rockets are a little underwhelming on paper.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

DD please, I thought you liked Dragic

5. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

More like reasoned. But, again Lakers lost tonight.

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

Gosh....

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You're a young fellow. I have the championships on DVD so I can relive the excitement of watching them live. So no, former Rockets are definitely not overrated.

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well, first off, Dragic and Scola are both very good role players, and so are the rest of the players on the Rockets team last year. They were all great role players, not the types that would lead a team by themselves, but great role players. The reason why they were mediocre, decent but not terrible was because they played hard (usually out-working other teams), had a good chemistry together and they were all good players.

Its not that we overrate them, we just really appreciate how good they were playing with no stars to lean on and how hard they played every single game. Because the Rockets lacked the talent, they have to outplay the other teams night in and night out. The Rockets last year with Dragic, Scola, Lowry, Lee and Bud were a great core of players and if they had a superstar with them, they would make one of the best role players in the NBA.

So I don't think no one really overrate them at the end. They all were good at what they do and they all play hard. It just that non of them were stars. So now with their respected teams where some of their records isn't looking so good is because role players can't really carry a team themselves.

9. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

So.... There are 135 players more deserved to be in All-star than Lin cuz the rox are ranked at 10 in winning record.

10. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

More deserved? It's a popularity contest. But, no, the topic was Kobe. Kobe's team sucks now. No all-star this season, at least he ought not to with all the shot attempts he takes for so few points. Lowry demoted. Toronto is like, we want our starting QB back. We want Calderon.

11. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I'm just repeating your logic.

12. dragonz

dragonz Member

I believe in a working environment if everybody else works hard, that will makes you work hard too. The Rockets team always competes, always fight to be the best of themselves, and that is the major reason I am a fan of this team.

I think it has to do with the Rockets management, in a company it is always the mid-management makes the difference.

And this team right now is prob the most talented team we had in a decade. Exciting time.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a poster here who thought they'd win two championships in 5 years.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I NEVER do the "according to Clutchfans" thing, cuz its so condescending an easy to do.

Though in THIS case, "ACCORDING TO CLUTCHFANS"

every single player since 2000 has been thought of as overrated in some capacity. And the recent "PG controversies" of late hasnt helped that.

The honeymoon doesnt last too long on here. Either players get bashed. Or "tha hataz" get envious when certain players are liked too much, and others try to bash the player to bring him more down to size

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Last year, as many good to great role players that Houston had, it doesn't equal to having one foundational player. For the past few years, it seems like Morey was stocking endless piles of assets and we all knew he was trying to shoot for a star player but we just didn't know when and who. But again, Morey stocked pile assets for a reason and that reason, Harden.

The core last year may seem more rounded than the role players this year because they were solid at most of the positions. But our young role players this year has more potential and upside than the team last season where most of them has already peaked. The Rockets went a different direction where they now have the potential to be a great team, room to grow and cap space to improve the team.

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Fun to watch sometimes but doesn't contribute to winning much..

17. Viola

Viola Member

More to do with our coaching staff. Give some credits to our head - McHale. He deserves it. And also Morey has done a good job so far.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I understand being a homer but to say that Lin deserves to be on the allstar team over Kobe is just crazy, you should come back to reality.

And I really like Lin, I think he will end up better than Lowry or Dragic.

19. Viola

Viola Member

Asik = Gortat
    Patterson = Scola
    Parsons > Dudley
    Lin > Shannon Brown
    M. Morris = M. Morris
    Douglas >= Telfair
    Delfino >= Beasley
    Smith >= J. O'Neal

Our system >>> Suns' system

Harden >>>>> Goran Dragic

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Overrated? No.

Like any fan would do, we placed high expectations on all of them.

Playoff performance tempers any notion of 'overratedness'....