1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull will NOT join the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2015.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

time to lock this up.

2. delishman

delishman Member

Luis just set this thread on fire.

3. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

A picture of Lull's pants.

[​IMG]

Sergio "gayumbos manchados" Llull :eek:

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How have fans here become so sour about every player who doesn't play for the Rockets?

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Probably because our management always seems hell bent on wooing over a big free agent or something, then we hype up how good of a fit they'll be, only to watch them decide not to come. It happened with Melo, Bosh (2x), and now Llull.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't forget Dragic.

7. omgTHEpotential

Because America is the greatest, right? Oh why wouldn't he choose to play for the Rockets?!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7R5A0pg4oN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Luis, my man. My man. Well done.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

So long "for ever" Sergio... :p
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sergio <a href="https://twitter.com/23Llull">@23Llull</a> will stay for ever in <a href="https://twitter.com/RMBaloncesto">@RMBaloncesto</a>! He signed a six-year extension on his contract! <a href="http://t.co/sMmCjMPKtd">http://t.co/sMmCjMPKtd</a></p>&mdash; Eurohoops.net (@Eurohoopsnet) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eurohoopsnet/status/617982543170809856">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Reso

Reso New Member

so what happen's now can we trade his right or just totally drop him im afraid other euro friendly team like the spurs or bulls might pick him up.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You never drop a "no cost" asset like that. We can definitely trade him, but I guess that is up to Morey.

---

As for Llull's decision, like y'all I'm disappointed but I understand. It's a huge decision and tough to walk away from his current situation for the great unknown.

I'm just glad he decided this prior to coming over and didn't pull a Rudy Fernandez or Spanoulis.

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

I don't buy this

if you are a basketball player you should want to play against the best (on a championship contender no less). So many of these Spanish team members don't want to? I don't get it.

Either they aren't very passionate about basketball and their lifestyle/money is worth alot more. We aren't talking about poor people here. These top guys in the Spanish league are paid enough to be comfortable. The NBA contract would make him comfortable too.

13. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

It's all about the buyout. I believe for llull it was 4.5 million, and the rockets can only pay a little part of it. Why keep obsessing over a guy who doesn't want to come? move on.

14. anchel

anchel Member

Doubt about that "forever". If it's forever, why his opt oyut clause has been diminished. Real madrid just raised his salary fro the next season, a known key in his decision of staying.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Time to move on, this guy was NEVER coming anyway. The Rockets need to get a guy who WANTS to compete in the NBA, possibly for a title. This is futile to even consider anymore and hopefully the Rockets' decision makers close the book on this guy.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Is it true Sergio can't speak English?

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I will with hold judgement since I don't know particulars. If he simply decided to continue playing where he was comfortable. Then that is his choice. Can't hold it against him. If he led the rox to believe he was coming over even though he never intended to thus costing us other options. Then he is a wippy wop who should grow a set.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bottom line, he DOES NOT want to compete in the NBA. The Rockets are a NBA franchise, thus time to close the door on the idea. Best wishes to the fella, but the Rockets need a guy wants to play guard in the NBA and contend for a title. Period.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

8-10 years later when the Rockets will need to trade away James Jarden like the Celtics did to KG and PP, they will probably include Llull's contract for a 3 way deal.

20. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

1. go ahead and pay his buyout. no? then zip it
    2. he renegotiated his contract to appease his club as well as give him best chance to come to the rockets. smaller buyout means he can afford coming here now. longer terms means if he does not like NBA he will still belong to them when he leaves nba. they will own his rights for a longer period of time