1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

September Baseball

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by cangrejero51, Sep 3, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2-4 and 15 more road games. :eek: You can see where this is headed! Need to be darn near perfect at home.

[​IMG]

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So after today, we'll be right back where we were after Saturday.

People here need to relax!

3. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

RAngers won
    Twins winning big
    LA and Dodgers tied at 1

RAngers are 4 and 2 this month so far

AStros 2 and 4

Tomorrow, Hamels vs Walker, advantage Texas
    Gray vs Kazmir advantage Oakland

Lets hope Kazmir really has a great game

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Twins lost, important

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Astros 2 and 5 in September
    Rangers 5 and 2

I think we need to follow the twins as this is a race of 3 for 2 spots

Looks like Rangers will take the division as we can't win on the road and Hinch does not want to play Tucker instead we see one of the worst DH play daily.

Difficult to trusts this team on the road and still the majority of games left are as visitors.

For too long this team have played average, awful on the road and instead of eliminate teams we let them get close and even surpass us. First it was a ver average team in LA, and now the Rwngers, another very average team.

But, a team that looks like the Braves on the road will not be trusted to win the division, it is only going to happen if the Rangers play bad.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Playoffs basically start when they start to play the Rangers... whether they're still in the lead or not.

Should be fun.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Yup...this group of kids get a taste of playoff-type baseball. Glad many of them are getting it so early in their careers. That bodes well for the future of the team.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Everyone needs to stop telling me to relax. I'm not relaxing at all when I think of Astros baseball right now.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Preach it, sister. It'd be nice, I guess, to be a cyborg who doesn't care that we're about to lose the lead to Arlington just because the year is 2015 and a run at a division title was unexpected, but that just ain't me.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well, at least people care again.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sorta.

13. Major

Major Member

You told us earlier that if Colby Lewis sucks, there's NO WAY AT ALL that the Rangers can win the division.

14. Major

Major Member

That's a great way to look at it. We basically get to have a 7 game playoff series this month with the Rangers. 5-2 likely wins us the division. 4-3 gives us an advantage. 3-4 and we probably lose it.

It might take all of 2 years in the AL to have a real rivalry with the Rangers.

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Prediction with Twins 15 wins 9 loses, They will finish with 86 and 76.
    Texas, will finish with 14 wins and 11 loses, finishing the season with 87 wins 75 loses.( i am giving a split vs Astros in Texas, and Astros winning 2 of 3 in Houston)

Now, lets see the Astros.
    I gave them the series vs A's, wont make the same mistake again, i don't think we win another series on the road, and split at Texas. We will finish 12 and 11, that is 87 and 75.

That would be a tied in 1st, i think Rangers win it as they won head to head and we go to the Wild Card.

We need to win ALL home series, if we don't we are in danger of the Playoffs.

K pitches at Yankees Stadium and we win (Yankees have a lot of leties in teh lineup, and K kills lefties).

Then we play the Royals, and i think they are not as strong as the record shows, we could win that series, and then we lose vs the Blue Jays.

Tonight's game vs A's is VERY IMPORTANT, i have the Astros winning.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If the series is split 4-3 either way, it's basically a push, and the winner will be determined in the other games. But if one of the teams wins 5 or more it will almost certainly decide things. The Angels are also back in the fold if we don't pick it up. If we lay an egg against them we could find ourselves in 3rd.

I'm not panicking, I'm still confident we are the best team. But being the better team is no guarantee of anything. This one's gonna be a fight.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think we WERE the better team. Before Texas got healthy and Hammels. But I don't think we're better than that team right now. And if Darvish comes back healthy next year, they're the odds on favorite to win the division in 2016.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We have the worst road record in the AL...and our next 8 games are on the road.

Yeah, I'm not relaxed either.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

But Sports Illustrated said 2017 and no one thought they'd be worth a **** this year, so obviously you're crazy if you're not relaxed. It's all gravy, baby!

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rangers have still been outscored by there opponents this season. Even since the All Star break they have been outscored by the opposition.