1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sending positive vibes to Ryan Anderson thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Jan 6, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree. No other team has $20M sitting on the bench not because of injury but because he's ****ing garbage.

Closest examples I could find...

(Salary/Minutes per game in playoffs)
    MIA Hassan Whiteside $23M/15.2 minutes
    HOU Ryan Anderson $19.5M/9 minutes
    WAS Ian Mahinmni $16M/8.8 minutes

TEXNIFICENT and Zboy like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gawd damn, man.. I wish you guys would just realize that Anderson doesn't matter RIGHT NOW.. You guys are livid because you THINK MAYBE the Rockets could have done better giving someone else 20m. You guys so sure Melo would be on the bench for Tuck?

Anderson has been a ZERO for a majority of the season yet the Rockets are a 65 win team in the WCF

Your Anger is so stupid and inefficient, It's all about what could have been. I get so annoyed because this is where we are NOW; This is the team. Nothing is going to change it. None of your whining is going to change it. You shouldn't expect this dude to save you. HE WON'T.

It's not Anderson's fault the Rockets lose, HE DOESN'T PLAY! He hasn't affected outcomes for months.

I get angry at the people who play, who have skin in the game.

I don't get mad that you call him trash, I get angry that you guys think him being trash matters to the Rockets success. It doesn't. It hasn't for months.

After the season is over and the Rockets are trying to sign Capela and he is the reason we lose him. Then you deserve to be mad.

Salary Cap is not going to get the Rockets to the chip in this moment.

Easy and napalm06 like this.
  3. MD_in_Training

Didn't Ryno used to post up smaller players? What happened to that guy?

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I wish you realized that he matters a LOT right now.

Rockets got 65 wins against the rest of league without him. But when you go against a top loaded team like Warriors in a seven game series, you need to squeeze every much of productivity and efficiency with the salary cap space you are given to work with.

Heck, Warriors are loading up on stars that take a paycut.

OTOH, Rockets are handicapped by a scrub that stole a chunk of salary cap space and is giving them nothing.

Just think what if we had a decent player instead of Ryan and the Pacers would have accepted the trade for him and given us Paul George. Dont think that would have helped the ROckets this season?

Limited resources, my friend.

Limited resources.

#744 Zboy, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Drogba and J.R. like this.
  5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I miss the Ryno that used to stand AT the three point line instead of ten feet behind it.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He must be equally terrible in practice

7. amaru

amaru Member

Hard t blame they guy when he can’t even get in the game.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets have a nice sized percentage of the salary cap just sitting on the bench...imagine if we were actually getting some production with that money in this series

yixiixiy and Zboy like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shows how pathetic he is.

This ain't CF saying "Hahaha Anderson sucks!". This is a NBA coach saying he sucks.

Billy Donovan: "Can't play Kanter."
    Mike: "Can't play Anderson."

GARBAGE

Baqui99 and Zboy like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is that not his fault? What reason has Ryno given D’antoni to play him? He’s not about to force feed someone as unreliable as Ryno minutes in the WCF against GS.

Zboy likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Partially his fault. But when a coach plays 6.5 guys in a road close out game, everything is questionable.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this guy is a 20 ton anchor around our necks

Zboy and J.R. like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This quote right here is the perfect microcosm of this whole debate. It's how I know you aren't understanding or reading anything I'm typing.. It's all been a waste..

Like I said: You guys are too focused on what could have been instead of what the Rocket are now.

What if Anderson was traded for Lebron James... You see what I did there?

I don't fault you guys for hating Anderson in the offseason when the Salary Cap really matters.

I send positive vibes to Anderson because there is nothing we can do but root for the guy to do well.

14. Mr. Space City

gotta love him coming right in the game and passing up a 3 to do his patented pump fake contested mid range brick.

what a player.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Maybe if we had a player that could actually produce then we could have played 7.5 and Chris Paul would not have pulled a hammy due to fatigue.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

All we need from Rynot is 2 ****in 3s in the 3rd qtr.. The 3rd is usually when we become ISO heavy and the offense becomes stagnant... Just 2 ****in 3s! Then he can resume his spot on the floor next to the end of the bench..

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

But that's a legitimate question to be asked. I can guarantee you that Morey has been asking himself this very same question.

If the Rockets dont win game 7 and the championship, Anderson's contract and his non production will be one of the biggest reasons that we fail.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Mike would be more willing to expand the rotation if Ryno wasn’t so useless and so much of a lost cause. At this point in the playoffs with the level of basketball that’s being played, Ryno really has no business being on the floor. The same goes for scrubs like ISO Joe or whoever else is on the bench. Nene is a bad matchup against GS. Basically, the only guys who are reliable and can be trusted are Harden, CP3, Ariza, Tuck, Clint, Green, Ego, and Moute before injuring his shoulder. Everyone else I don’t even want to see on the floor while the game is competitive.

Zboy likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Sounds like that on the coaching staff and management. Both had 82 games to figure it out.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You must live a miserable life, man. There's nothing you can do about that sh-t. Move on. This is the reality now; there is no going back thinking what if unless you have a Delorean.

Morey realizes his mistakes and learns from them. Morey keeps that sh-t moving.

Morey tells the story about missing out on a fat Marc Gasol. That sh-t didn't dominate his thoughts enough to miss out on James Harden.