1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sending Flowers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Apr 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

I need recommendations on any local or online store to buy and send flowers to my wife for her birthday. I am wanting to send them to her while she is at work. I know about proflowers.com, but do the their flowers in a box? Thanks. :)

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I think Proflowers does come in a box, but I've never received them, only sent. I've sent Proflowers countless times and have always had rave reviews. If you enter any one of the promotion codes (rome is what I've always used) in the top-right, you get a free vase. I can't recommend them highly enough. I've sent FTD before and had ups and downs -- a few times for my mother, the order wasn't delivered on time.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I like to send pajamagrams....crotchless pajamagrams.

Off topic...what's so great about FireFox?

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Why that? Just Get her an HugEGram

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPoDIhTRo1k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cPoDIhTRo1k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If you are sending flowers to somebody at home, Proflowers have great flowers, and good deals. I highly recommend them.

If you are sending flowers to someone at work or in a hospital, you should probably stick with someone like FTD that will send an actual flower arrangement.

I wouldn't want my wife to have to assemble her arrangement at work, it would kind of be a pain. Also, if someone is in the hospital, about the last thing anyone wants or can do is put together in arrangement. But when the giant arrangement shows up in a vase with balloons, it makes all the other ladies in the office jelous. :)

I think FTD.com and 800flowers.com are the two biggies. Google for coupon codes/specials. Also, for whatever reason, if you are a reward point or miles person, flower places usually have big time bonus points through AMEX or your airline store.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3g8t4lV8iQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&start=33&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3g8t4lV8iQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&start=33&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Call Sharpstown Florist (59 South at Beechnut - or is it Gessner? I forget). :eek: They're REALLY GOOD. I've sent Mrs. SwoLy and both my daughters flowers from there for birthdays, Valentine's Day, and other occasions. They've never failed me and when I've asked them to look up my info, they had it from the time before. I also have asked for "something extra" for being a regular customer and they said "Oh, yeah, a couple balloons?". Nice stuff.

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i used one eight hundred flowers, delivered by a local florist, the recipient enjoyed it :p

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pro Flowers. I've used them before, they have great flowers and typically have really good deals around holidays.

There are many discounts, just google for one. I know many radio talk shows have proflower discount keywords that you type onto proflowers.com to get special rates.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Lower case P FAIL. :p

[​IMG]

11. rocketdancer9

rocketdancer9 Member

Lexis Florist.... the best in the city. Their roses are absolutely the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen.