1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Send your message to Daryl Morey and Les Alexander

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R-Jay, May 3, 2008.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Wow....let me tell you the truth kid, Boozer sucked this series. It didn't matter who guarded him, he was always gonna shoot 33-40% against the guy he guarded. IF you can dig out stats that genuinely shows us Hayes did a better job on Boozer than Mutumbo, I'll watch more NBA.

Otherwise, Mutumbo was a lot better than Hayes. Hayes gave up so many rebounds and let the Jazz get so many second chance points. Our interior D was **** with Hayes.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

That's true. I guess I shouldn't rag on Hayes, its not his fault Yao got injured.

3. RareAir

RareAir Member

Get rid of Head.....
    Build this team as if Yao and Tracy were both out for the season.....that means get at least one other playmaker that can make a difference.
    Ron Artest or Maggette wouldn't be bad fits here, but i don't know what it would take to get either (Luther's probably not worth a sack of wrenches right now)

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

please get rid of Head and BJAX......
    get another scorer.....

5. dlite316

dlite316 Member

morey plz do it again like u did in the 06-07 post-season

6. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

There is something call DVR, you can go and check.

All Boozer did this series was occasional hit the jumper and it was most over Mutombo.

Look Mutombo and Hayes played about the same minutes and they where exclusively guarding Boozer.

Watch more basketball.

In every game Yao went down. Boozer was garbage. regular season and post season. Hayes played big minutes, along with Deke and a little of Scola.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Why would you complain about Chuck Hayes? He blocked shots, made strips and held his own. He's limited offensively, but he's a nice change of pace at a bargain price. What big man are you going to bring in at his salary that will give you more? If you want to complain about Luther Head then you have a point...

8. Landlord Landry

YES YES YES.......

anything it takes.........

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

MANU GINOBILI...DRAFTED 58TH...

KWAME BROWN...DRAFTED 1ST

10. Landlord Landry

because he is a zero on one side of the court and overrated on the other........

11. mms

mms Member

keep Tmac and Yao. Bring us Wade/Artest/Magette/Calderon/M Miller.

12. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Get T-Mac back into the shape he was in '05. That's the main difference between him then and now - I BELIEVE.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Dear Morey,

Please play Yao Ming only long enough for us to work out our offense with him. Please tell Adelman to sit him with phantom injuries for at least a third of the games in the year, preferably the ones we could win without him like Boston did this year and LA did in previous years with Shaq.

Please draft someone everyone will hate initially but will be productive for us down the line. Please acquire a backup SG to help McGrady out, preferably someone with length to add size to our bench. Please jettison Luther Head to the Israeli league.

Please keep Deke and Battier. I know this team can go all the way without significant changes, we just need better health and better matchups (against teams that don't CHEAT).

Please address the point guard issue. I got nothin here. That's why they pay you the big bucks. Rafer's value probably won't be higher than it currently is, but who would replace him???

Thanks.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

A legitimate third option or bust. No more excuses, four season running now and no legitimate third option player on the Rockets. Don't be satisfied with Yao/McGrady just being healthy and playing well, that's not enough to be world-beaters. We need a young, deep lineup (which we're developing I think with Scola, Landry and hopefully Brooks will materialize) but even more so we will need a Mike Miller type next season.

Get it done, Morey, trade some of our inconsequentials (Head, Francis, Novak, etc) for legitimate players.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Amen.

Chuck Hayes guards Boozer as well as anyone in the NBA. Anyone that watched the series and has some basketball IQ would understand that.

16. kejohn

kejohn Member

I would look to see what value we can get for Battier. I do not dislike Shane, but he would bring the greatest value in return.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Well, I'd hope that the Rockets front office doesn't mistakenly believe that this team is close to being a championship contender because they aren't. Major changes are needed., including an upgrade at the point and a legitimate third scoring option.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Hayes is an overachiever but it's not like the Jazz feared going into the lane while he was in there or avoided posting up hayes.

My mind is made up on Hayes, he's too one dimensional and his negatives outweigh his positives.

Can someone actually imagine us winning a championship with Hayes as part of the rotation? You can ask the same on Head and Novak, even though Novak is correctly used as a situational bit player.

19. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Lmao!...If we could somehow we could actually get wade while keeping Yao & Tmac, then I would personally hand wash morey's car for a year...

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

So, I guess all those offensive rebounds the Jazz got against us in the early part of this game WASN'T the reason they got a 28-14 lead on us?

Love your blanket statement arguments, come up with actual facts plz.

Unlike you, I have some actual observables to back up my argument that Hayes sucks:

Mutumbo gets 2 quick fouls, Hayes has to come in, Jazz become an offensive rebounding machine and goes up 28-14.

I'm not going to argue this point any further. The season is over. Adelman wouldn't even play Hayes if Yao wasn't injured, so that says a lot about how good Hayes is.