1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) facing potential legal issues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by diehardNFFL, Feb 11, 2013.

1. diehardNFFL

diehardNFFL Member

There was an editorial in the New York Times either Thursday or Friday recommending that he relinquish his committee chairmanship and some calls for him to resign entirely amid new reports that he may have engaged in a variety of monkey business with a doctor who donated a large sum of money to the Democratic Party and underage prostitutes.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=233063

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm glad there's finally a thread where we can discuss this!

I understand about the undeclared gifts. But, where is the underage prostiture thing coming from? Sounds like just rumor to make it salacious.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

I meet the Senator over the summer at ALJBS, he seemed like a nice enough guy although I did detect that sense of "career politician" that I don't get from the governor. I'm not too surprised, politics is dirty, especially in NJ. I'd love to say I'm shocked, but I'm not. I'm used to this stuff, from both sides of the aisle, even though I think it's reprehensible.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Seems the focus isn't so much on the free flights and women, but Melgen's business dealings with the DR govt port authority and Menendez's position on the Foreign Relations committee that gives him some leverage to help Melgen's private security firm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/11/us/politics/menendez-discouraged-giving-port-security-equipment-to-dominicans.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0