1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Selling DVD/CD's, amazon trade in or half priced books

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Jan 5, 2015.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Hi Guys,

Is half priced books a better option than trading stuff into amazon.com for amazon credit?

We are purging a lot of our CD's/DVDs.

Season sets of Nip Tuck, Heroes On Bluray, etc need to take a hike.

Main goal is to unload them. Secondary goal is to get best possible return on them with least amount of work.

I really don't want to go the route of selling each one individually to a number of buyers.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

If you have a Movie Exchange around you, that's an option. Not sure how much you'll get for them or how it will compare to what you'll get at Half Price but you can just walk them all into the store and get rid of them all.

3. redglare92

redglare92 Member

I'm doing a spring cleaning too. I'm selling some of my used books, CDs, and DVDs at Half Price and putting up things that are higher quality and in better condition up for auction at Ebay or Amazon. If there's anything else I've got that doesn't have much market value but is still useful, I'm donating it to Salvation Army or United Way.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What you got? Going to half price is basically giving your stuff away.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

If you are willing to put in some effort you should list them on Amazon yourself (oops didn't read post completely). Maybe just sell them as a lot. Half-Price should buy each DVD set for at most $5. You may get a better return by donating them to Good Will and taking the tax credit.

#5 bobloblaw, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  6. redglare92

redglare92 Member

My HP dump is just going to be mainly some old books I've still got around from college. I think I have some old kung fu flicks and some random instructional guitar DVD that are just collecting dust. Still haven't decided what CDs I want to sell. I think I will be keeping all of my New Jack swing collection :cool:. I may post a list of what's up for grabs on the Classified section of the board or DM it later on if anyone is interested.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Sell it here? What do you have?