1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell High. Asik + (Lin or Parsons) for a Star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

hes not 3rd?

2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Right now I don't see us acquiring anyone that is note-worthy. WE ARE NOT TRADING CHANDLER PARSONS this season. Maybe in a few years for KD, maybe. If I were the Rockets I would think about Rondo but the more likely scenario is that they trade Asik for fillers and a draft pick. Can't see much else happening this year anyways. Than again it is Daryl Morey that we are talking about. Who knows?

3. rocketblood713

Parson is staying

4. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

Lin for George Hill.

We dont need the 3rd star, Hill is a pefect fit for Harden and an upgrade over Bev. Pacers could use an excellent penetrator and an good creator when their offense gets stagnant.

5. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

There is literally no way in hell that the pacers would do that.

6. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

why in the hell would we do that? George Hill isn't that good is he?

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Lin and Parsons are stars.

8. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Pacers have the best record in the East. Why would they trade anyone right now? Do you think before you post?

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

J Lin is better than Hill, but the Pacers probably still wouldn't do it.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

We don't need a star. We have the offense covered and we already have the best defensive center in the NBA. On offense, we already have:

1) A top 5 offensive talent (Harden)
    2) Two top 30 offensive player (Lin and Howard)
    3) A top 50 offensive player (Parsons)

This roster needs two things to become championship-ready:

1) A starting caliber PF who can play average or above defense and can space the floor at least out to 15 feet with solid efficiency. (Maybe Jones is good enough for this, but need to see more before I'm sold on it.)
    2) A defensive stopper SF who can knock down threes at high efficiency. Biggest gaping hole on this team right now. I thought Parsons could be this guy but apparently not. We need a Luol Deng, Kawhi Leonard, Evan Turner type player to fix our D.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They will break them up one day. Every team that has won a chip or two have broken up a championship team.

12. yummyhawtsauce

Howard is not a post up player, but if you bring LMA to the team I guarantee you DH won't be that happy if another post player takes touches.

You have to realize when you bring in another star - the biggest questions is not about how well their play style fits (though this is very important), but you have to factor in their ego and willingness to sacrifice for the team.

Example, wade lbj and bosh. LBJ is the man. But Lebron's style is team ball naturally, so he is a great teammate to have. Wade eventually made it work because he knew Lebron was better and wanted to win more. Bosh to me, I don't recall but wasn't vocal and now he seems content with his role.

When you play team ball - and put the egos aside, everyone wins.

13. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

Why? Hill is at 11/3.6 40% PER 13 rightnow. The only reason we want him is because he's an natural off ball guard with less TO, bigger than Bev.

14. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

i don't understand where people get their ideas that teams should hunt for three all-stars (or three superstars) since teams can only win championships when you have three of such players? Lol

If this was true, the lakers of last year should have dethroned the heat, and the brooklyn nets of this year should be champs.

so enough of this third star talk.

LMA is close to be untouchable right now as portland is on top, just behind the spurs. Why would they tinker with a sudden lineup change when it's their rotation has been working for them?

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

No way should we trade Lin for Hill, lol. Lin is 2x the player Hill is at this point in their respective careers.

16. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

LOL, if a company pays you 25M for 3 years to do these sh..t, the CEO/HR must be blind or r****ded and should be fired in no time.

17. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

if that's the logic, then why are we even talking about getting LMA, LOVE or Bosh? their teams are all doing quite well.

18. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I wasn't the one saying we should haha

19. rocketblood713

I bet teams are like watch out with Daryl ..lol

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Iman Shumpert?