1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell High. Asik + (Lin or Parsons) for a Star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 18, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

That Deron hasn't been seen since he joined the Nets. His contract is terrible and will hinder the team tremendously.

2. Remii

Remii Member

I'm not Asian or on Drugs... I just don't think D-Will is worth a $100 million contract.

3. wise_man

wise_man Member

Anyone who thinks about trading parsons is just dumb and know nothin about basketball...

4. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Fair enough.

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

You mean the Deron who launched Linsanity? You're clearly a ghetto black.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were like family... They still even call themselves brothers... The Rockets are far from that.

7. torocan

torocan Member

To be fair, that Deron doesn't really exist anymore. The idea of a healthy Deron Williams is kind of like a Unicorn... you can tell people you've seen it, but most of them won't believe it.

Deron hasn't played like Deron in about 4 years, ever since he hit the Nets.

Since then it's been sub-par, inconsistent play, riddled with injuries. Just look at last year. The most you could hope for was short stretches of decent play in between long gaps of crap play.

I like Deron, have for years, but I really think he may be headed the way of Amare... ie, just running out of time.

So no, as of today of the potential upper caliber PG's, Deron is one that I would stay away from. His health just isn't reliable.

8. StandontheLake

The DWill you're thinking of hasn't existed for like 3 years. It's more than 10 games. DWill hasn't played like a top 10, much less top 3, PG since like 10/11.

9. bongman

bongman Member

To the OP, if your team was on a 7 game win streak, why would you want to trade your best player?

10. nemac

nemac Member

Asik for LMA, a unique idea worthy of multiple threads. :)

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Dwight Howard can hardly be considered an all-star. The guy will probably help the Rockets get to the 2nd round, but I'm pretty sure he'll be the reason they lose too. Absolutely no offensive talent in all of that weight.

Although James Harden has been terrible this year, he's still the best on the roster and a top 10 NBA player. I'd much rather move Dwight for someone talented like Kevin Love, but that's obviously not going to happen.

12. timyeung

timyeung Member

You can't really blame Lin if he decides to leave. He came last season believing that the Rockets would build a team around him, then suddenly they pull the carpet out from under his feet and its Harden's team, with him standing at the corner three point line waiting for the ball. So in the offseason he works hard to overcome his weaknesses and his three point game, only to be rewarded by losing his starter position and getting benched.

13. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Above are facts and well encapsulated. Lin is not happy with this situation (though he's doing the best with what he's given). But he will not extend his contract for more of this.

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

so you're saying, 18 pts, 14 reb, 2.4 blks per game is hardly all star worthy? Wow not sure what kind of stats a player has to do to become all-star now a days... smh @ fans always under-rating their own players...

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Dwight Howard for Kevin Love would be intriguing, but K Love is playing like an MVP right now.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Lin is playing just as many if not more minutes than he did last year when he was starting. And unlike last year he's on the court in the 4th. Everybody wants to start _ but not fair to say that Lin isn't happy just because you're not happy... Manu and his fans didn't complain and he was big time. Maybe things will change and Lin will be back in the starting lineup. Who knows... Like I said earlier _ when Lin becomes a free agent the Rockets may not be able to afford his asking price... But truthfully with our GM _ Lin could possibly be traded before his two years is up... So by you keep saying he won't sign an extension _ he may not get that chance...

17. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

i'm totally of the belief the best possible thing for the rockets would be to magically get k love for dwight and keep asik. for all the defense and rebounding that dwight brings, let's face it--he's a complete liability on the offensive end. he has no post game but INSISTS on playing post up and not pick n roll. i groan every time he posts up and we throw it in to him. that plus hack a howard means that on ANY given night as long as a team is within a dozen points in the 4th quarter, hack a howard can bring them back quickly. no lead is safe with this team the way it is. it's not a winning formula for the playoffs.

18. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Charsons is a perfect fit for our team. Great glue guy, athletic, rebounds and passes well, and good 3 point shooter. I wouldn't want to give him up.

For Jeremy, it would depend on what we get in return, but it would have to be a lot. He still has a lot of upside in his game.

19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

how? even if you can get 3 lottery pick out of those 3 (top 3 protected)
    you think portland will bite?
    sorry no one will trade the top 3 pick this year

20. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

--------
    I agree. We're not going to win a championship this year, sorry. The Heat didn't win the finals the first year they picked up James and Bosh. A team needs time to jell. Top to bottom, I like our roster. We don't need to trade for a pf, we have that covered with TJones and DMo. We should trade Asik for an unprotected high 2014 first round pick which is very deep. There are a few 6'5, 6'6 combo guards out there that would take us deep into the playoffs next year. We'd have a deep bench, and could be in a position like the Spurs to contend for years to come....