1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell High. Asik + (Lin or Parsons) for a Star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

You think Harden would be ok being the sixth man at OKC today if it meant they were going for another finals for the championship? Come on, it's a fact that the team is doing well, and Lin is doing well (not because he's a sixth man, he's just having a great start overall, starting and coming in off the bench).

You can be happy for the Rockets, but Lin is not signing an extension. I'm willing to put up to four figures on that bet.

2. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Harden did not walked, he was traded because they could not agree with salary not with his role... he was fine as a 6th man, but he was asking OKC to pay him his worth...

3. pnr

pnr Member

He was traded. He said that he was still thinking about his options and then BOOM rockets.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Asik + Parsons for Horford.

The Hawks have an almost as productive plus cheaper PF in Milsap and they're currently starting DeMarre freakin Carrol at SF!!!

Would the Hawks say no? Would you do this deal?

5. pnr

pnr Member

Hawks would never get rid of Horford. He's their franchise player.

6. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Yay another random trade idea not in the random trade thread...

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Asik for Battier and Chris Anderson?

8. Neped

Neped Member

I totally agree. He's definetly leaving at the end of this contract.

9. subzor

subzor Member

asik+lin+parson for bosh+norris cole

seriously beasley is balling w/ the heat and there is a good chance they do it.

10. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'd be willing to move all three of them for a third star but I don't know if there are any teams who are looking to let go of their franchise player.

What star player is unhappy with their team right now? Only option I can think of is Rondo and I want to see how he comes back from the ACL tear first.

There's some tension in Cleveland. Maybe if Waiters beats up Kyrie one more time he'll want off the team and we can snab him.

11. subzor

subzor Member

rondo is a terrible choice. he NEEDS the ball in his hands to be any effective, which counters harden's effectiveness. he also cant hit 3s, in fact, hes a terrible shooter after the 15 feet mark and he is terrible at free throws.

12. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Id be happy with a 4 team trade

to boston

omer asik
    motiejunas
    fillers

to houston

deron williams
    kidd gilchrist
    gerald henderson

to charlotte

chandler parsons
    jeremy lin

to new jersey

rajon rondo

Why they all do the trade?

Boston - full rebuild underway, Rondo isn't a star unless surrounded by stars, he can't shoot but can distribute the rock. They get a top 5 pick either way but Asik down low is a nice rebuilding piece whereas rondo could come back and be terrible playing without any stars and teams focusing on him on offense. D-MO has a world of potential and would be given a chance to develop unlike here.

Houston - We land a texas born point guard who is a top 3 point guard when healthy and is arguably a bad fit in an offense with 5 other offensive players in new jersey. Deron is a 20 ppg point guard and he doesnt get to be that in brooklyn. Kidd Gilchrist was rumored to be our target in last years draft and he's a buy low candidate. Gerald Henderson is a nice scorer off the bench for our team.

Charlotte - They get 1) a guy who sells tickets in Lin and 2) Chandler Parsons is a better player than MKG at this moment, again a sell high for us, turning a second rounder into a top 3 pick from a year ago who could develop into a defensive monster ala gerald wallace in his prime. A Lin/Kemba/Parsons/Julius Randle/Al Jefferson lineup in 2014 would be a nice young squad.

New Jersey - Deron Williams and Rondo are both top 5 point guards when healthy but rondo fits in more with new jersey bc he doesn't need to score to be effective, he does everything else. Rondo with KG and Pierce was scary in Boston.....add in Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez along with Jason Terry and you have the perfect recipe.

Deron Williams
    Harden
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    T-Jones
    Dwight

is a dream starting 5 for me with a bench of beverly,gerald henderson,casspi is a nice offensive bench unit.

13. pnr

pnr Member

^ Lol, Lin is playing better than Williams this year and is so much cheaper. Plus he is ALWAYS injured nowadays.

1 person likes this.
  14. Remii

Remii Member

I think Harden would be cool with being the 6th man with OKC if they where paying him... He was still getting starters minutes like Lin is getting now... And if Lin keeps improving and maintain his high level of play _ the Rockets may not be able to afford him anyway.

15. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

so you're telling me that just bc lin has played better than deron williams for a 10 game sample this season you LOL at me for thinking of a sell high on lin for deron williams

if you think lin is better than williams you're either asian or on drugs

Id take deron williams with a gimp ankle over lin any day, you clearly never saw D will torch us in the playoffs.....twice...

16. pnr

pnr Member

So you'd take a DNP-ankle williams over Lin right now? Deron isn't getting younger and he has had recurring ankle problems for 2 years now. Plus the money spent on his godawful contract can be spent on a legit superstar BIG.

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

dude you get in the playoffs and tell me if you want a healthy Jeremy Lin or a 75% deron williams

you're clearly asian

1 person likes this.
  18. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Because someone prefers Jeremy Lin of a 75% deron williams, he's clearly asian? Must be a racist.

Deron Williams is an overpaid scrub. The one that torched the rockets in the playoffs doesn't exist anymore.

19. Remii

Remii Member

You mean to tell me the Rockets are spending $21 million a year on a center and he has no post moves...Lol... And now people are saying we need to go get LMA... WTF...!!!! Just trade Howard for LMA and keep Asik if that's the case.

20. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Fair enough. That said, the scenario is still different. Harden was drafted by OKC as a rookie and was deferring to the vet all-stars, WB and KD. He grew into the role.

Lin came in to Houston expecting to start and wanting to start. He doesn't feel beat out by the competition, nor should he. I love to think the chemistry on the team is as great as that OKC team but I will reserve judgment on that point. We'll see how this plays out