1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell High. Asik + (Lin or Parsons) for a Star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 18, 2013.

1. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I don't care if Lin starts as long as he comes off the bench and hits 40% from beyond the arc (miss the moon, be among the stars right?) but I think it's willful blindness to think that Lin is ok with not starting. He is clearly not ok with not starting - and you want players who are like that, who have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. It may work out well now but don't think the taste is not there when it comes time to re-up.

2. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

Lin+ask+parsons for gasol and nash?

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sell for a Star,,,,,,,,,,,,,!! Who would be good enough ? Possibly Le Bron and Chris Bosh! or Westbrook and Durant? If we are going to destroy our Rockets then we must be going to make them even more potent, don't you think? :pY:eek::grin:

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Jeremy's fine with being the 6th man because just less than 2 years ago, he was perhaps the 15th man on the roster and he would've dreamed of being a 6th man.

He said something along those lines-- bigger pictures he's happy where he is.

It's kind of like youngster out of college. Ok, got the 45k starting job I always dreamed of but now where's the 60k? The 80k? The six figures?

All in all, we were very happy we got this 45k job.

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Now, you've got to be kinda obtuse not to be able to read between those lines.

6. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

Is that how you want your company treating you?

If i am busting my ass off and not rewarded to be a starter, you bet i am going to leave at the end of my contract term.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

And Jeremy will very likely do that.

But comparing a company to a franchise is different because of guaranteed contracts. You can be demoted, but you'll still get paid. You can get cut, and still get paid. Both aren't likely at a company.

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

LOL it didn't work with lakers so try again here? LOL!

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Nash is done. The guy is about to be forced into medical retirement.

10. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Here is a good example of the obtuseness I was talking about. Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick out of Michigan. The 6th round -- think about that -- that means he was about the 180th player picked that year.

Would he be okay to be benched? 6th rounders typically are thrilled at just making the team, right?

The situation has changed dude. Get with the program.

11. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

Regardless if it's company or franchise, there isn't a difference when it comes to rewarding for doing a good job. When i know i can do a better job than someone else and not getting rewarded, it is morally wrong and i could only imagine how the other person (in this cause JLIn) would feel deep inside.

If i was in his shoes, i bet that i would not walk but run as fast as possible away from this situation.

12. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

is the company paying me 25 mill for 3 years? I don't care how they treats me... lol.. they want me to clean the garbage? sure! they want me to clean their house, take care of kids, wipe their butts after they **** and do their work? 100% yes!

13. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

And how this organization has treated him from the get-go last year? Rockets will either lose him to free agency and getting nothing in return ('cause he ain't signing for longer than next year -- and would you blame him?). Or they can trade and get something. I think they'll trade, and probably sooner than later.

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

good thing you are not in his shoes because that is a bad advice LOL

many players regret walking away from their teams to be a superstar in a different team... most of them wish they just stayed with their previous team, even for lesser money, just to get a chance to win a championship... most of them go to be a superstar in a different team and have a miserable nba career... superstar in a lottery team aint fun...

15. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Which is the exact amount Omer is receiving. And they're not asking him to do any of the above, and I guarantee he is unhappier about his work situation than you are. So stay in the NBA applicable realm and don't go into how much your job sucks so that you're willing to lower yourself to any level.

16. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

LOL, depends on the situation. Nash walked away from Dallas and won two MVP's. I'm sure he doesn't regret the decision.

17. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

whats this got to do with Omer? Omer is different person lol Unhappy is not equal to un happy lin... smh

I'm done talking to you guys, you guys are more concerned about 1 players FEELINGS than what happens on the court.. I'm just ignoring you from now on...

18. pnr

pnr Member

It's about fit! If the team is winning with Lin playing the 6th man role, then so what? Look at Harden in OKC. He was regarded as part of the big 3 and was clearly better than Sefalosha yet he was still on the bench. It's really not a knock on Lin. Plus, he hasn't proven enough in the league yet to be getting angry about this, ESPECIALLY when the team is doing pretty well and HE is doing darn well.

19. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Please do. Please.

You're the one who compared yourself to Lin and how you would react to his salary. Perfectly valid to point out that the exact same salary doesn't make everyone happy.

Sheesh.

20. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Bad example, Harden walked. The hypothetical that everyone is thinking about is a world where Lin plays well and the team wants to resign. Of course, if Lin plays like a bum, then he deserves the bench play. But that's not the discussion.