1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell High. Asik + (Lin or Parsons) for a Star.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Nov 18, 2013.

1. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Why is the mic taped to the floor?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Two questions

Didn't asik request for a trade blow your sell high idea

And would trading Howard be considered selling low? Or would that have been last year?

3. James88

James88 Member

Don't think it is, I think it's taped to the cord coming out of it. The mic has been dropped too many times, needs tape.

4. King901

King901 Member

They will ask Harden and Howard what they think about trading parsons away, to make it short, Parsons wont be going anywhere.

5. conquistador#11

Lin+bev+parsons+Asik for Kevin Martin.
    then we bench Kmart and acquire another star when we ship him out.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

portland has had a creampuff schedule thus far…..no way they stay #2 in the west, and i'd be surprised if they are still top 6 by feb

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They won't be number 2 for long...

8. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Asik + Canaan + filler's

for

Millsap + Schroeder + Antic +filler/s

Millsap = productive, efficient, complimentary, versatile forward that plays well with anybody
    Schroeder = future star point guard in the mold of Rajon Rondo
    Antic = backup center with range for the overrated stretch need

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Have to hope Portland implodes by the trade deadline, because as long as they're playing well and Aldridge is happy they won't have any motivation to move him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In my four years covering this <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Blazers&amp;src=hash">#Blazers</a> team, I'd have to say this is easily the happiest I've seen <a href="https://twitter.com/aldridge_12">@Aldridge_12</a>. He's enjoying this team.</p>&mdash; Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/statuses/401814869822812160">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Yeah the problem is, that all the star 4s seem to be pretty happy with their team. That probably means we have no real shot at Aldridge, Love or Bosh.

If we were to trade for one of them, I´d be ready to trade Asik + young talent for Aldridge (perhaps Lin or Parsons, but that would hurt), Asik +Lin OR Parsons + young talent for Bosh and Asik + Lin + Parsons for Love.

But I think the far more likely scenario is us going for either Millsap or Anderson or Ilyasova with just Asik (and hopefully get something else in return).

If you also look at PGs and SFs, I don`t think there are many stars out there worth getting. Rondo would be the most realistic - we`d have to change our system, but he is legit. Other than him I can`t think of one of the top of my head that`s realistic and that we would want.

Stars just rarely get traded, especially if they have more than one year left on their contract - and we don`t absolutely need another star. Lin has been playing like one this season, Parsons has shown flashes and Howard and Harden are legit. Round out this roster with a great PF (like Millsap) and all we need is experience together and an instant offense kinda guy of the bench.

11. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

Rockets should trade lin when his value is high. Did we all forget last season he was so bad that we would trade him for a peanut?

12. StandontheLake

Asik+Parsons+Lin might get us an All-Star, but an All-Star isn't worth losing the three of them.

A superstar would be worth it, but Asik+Parsons+Lin isn't getting us a superstar.

13. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Lin will have to be traded, as he is not happy in Houston (although he isn't showing it as obviously as Omer).

14. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

Exactly and now is that chance to get something good in return.

15. Omron

Omron Member

The only teams who are willing to trade away their all-star is because the all-star wants out or the team is in rebuilding mode. I can't think of any teams who would be willing to part with their all-star caliber player right now... Unless you count former (emphasis on former) all-stars in which case you can probably get Amare (more certain) or Nash (possibly).

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

really? is it him whose not happy or it's you who is not happy?

1 person likes this.
  17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

There is absolutely no sign that Lin is unhappy here.

1 person likes this.
  18. timyeung

timyeung Member

A lot of Lin's fans would like to see Lin start. This is what Lin said himself:

He starts with "Obviously I would love to start" then ends with "Who starts isn't important'" I think he's making the best of his current situation.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Random trade thread.

20. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Lin, I, nor you are happy that Lin is at Houston. So, stop wasting time and energy. By the way, even if he keeps up putting monster numbers like FG >> 50%, and even if the Rockets want to sign at that point, he Definitely will not. So sorry.