1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Selfish) My wife just left me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sccdct34, Nov 25, 2008.

1. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

I dont know what to do anymore. She was the love of my life and I dont know what I did to make her not love me anymore. We had an argument about 2 weeks ago which pulled me out of the depressed state I was in and we vowed to work together on our issues. She said it would take time but we would do it together and we love eachother more thananything in the world.

Not even two full weeks later she left me and I was doing everything she wanted me to do to change. Im not going to say that I was pefect, but I was not the only one who made mistakes. I am willing to work through them becuase I love her.

For the past month she had been hanging out with a guy friend from work, she gets off at 1am, till 5 am and texting all day. She told me he was like a litle brother to her and thats all it was. When she told me she was leaving she told me she was bored and that she had feelings for him, that she should have listened to me about him.

Im lost and confused and I dont think she cares I exsist or not, seh gives me evil stares now when I see her and she wont even talk to me.

Sorry about this being so long... :(

2. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

dang... i can't even imagine what you're going through right now. hang in there buddy

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The only thing you can really do is move on. I'm kind of curious how an argument pulled you out of a depressed state.

If she wants to leave and there is truly only one person trying to make it work, then it is doomed for failure and will not work. Sorry, that's just the truth.

Seems like obvious signs to me...

Like I said, the only thing you can do is move on. I know it's easy to say that and tough to actually do it but some hoe some way you need to find a way to do it.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

"The key is to be in control. If you want a woman to respect you, make her feel like you are the one who is going to leave. Never let a woman know that something is bothering you. Keep her guessing.

If she wants to do something else, tell her to go ahead. Act like you couldn't care less. Practice these words, "I don't give a s**t what you do, you'll be back, b***h." Say them repeatedly and there is no way she won't come crawling back. Chicks dig assholes."

-an excerpt from Mlwoo's F***ed Up Guide to Dating and Being in Control of Relationships

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Damn. I feel for you dude. Been there. Women can be 10 times as cold as men in situations like this.

Nothing any of us can say can help with the pain right now. Just do your best to take care of yourself. Keep yourself occupied. Make yourself happy. And when she comes back looking for another chance, hopefully you will be so happy elsewhere with whoever else you're with that you can resist the urge to take her back.

All the best.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Feel bad for you man, but if there are no kids involved, just accept that it was a mistake and move on.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Send that guy a condom with a note "gonorrhea is a b****"

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am sorry my man. It may not seem like it but you are better off.

DD

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

quoted for truth

Good luck

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

cry b/c you're hurt. punch the wall b/c you're pissed. have a few drinks b/c you're depressed. whatever you do, DON'T call her to beg her back.

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

She is at fault, not you my man! She shouldnt have been spending time with some guy if she is married. That is the point of being married, you are "supposed" to be devoted to one person, hence the institution of marriage. The heck with her brother, chalk it up and move on. You wont want to be with someone whom was unfaithful to you.

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

sorry dude, broken hearts suck. but as has been mentioned, move on. DO NOT TRY FOR RECONCILIATION. move on. good luck, you'll get over it.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sad to hear it. Sounds like she was cheating on you of some sorts. All those problems probably stemmed from that guy. For that, this is probably the best thing to happen. You don't want to be locked up with a wife that is unfaithful. You will move on because you are better than her.

14. xcharged

xcharged Member

A friend of mine called falling for a co-worker "Real World Syndrome"

you may normally not be attracted to this person but because you spend so much time around them...you sometimes end up falling for them.

where's our numbers guy/girl that knows the percentage of co-worker flings.

sounds cold but a wife or a husband can be replaced...kids,brothers, fathers, mothers, sisters, and 7ft shot blocking dream shake demons .... can't.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

So sorry, man. :(

I went through a similar situation where my girl left me for a guy she met while working in another country. There were similar signs, but there was literally nothing I could do about it being on the other side of the world for 6 months. It's a sickening feeling watching the love of your life take interest in someone else and start to treat you like you never mattered. And from what I can tell, it's not as if you did anything wrong either. It's about the most frustrating and helpless feeling I've experienced.

The harsh reality is that you'll have to accept things and move on. It won't happen over night, but you'll eventually come to realize that you're better off without someone who would treat you in that way, and once you're ready to open your heart to someone new, you'll find someone who will value you as a person and will make you happier than you've ever been. I know it doesn't seem possible right now, but it is. Just hang in there and rely on the support of your family and friends to get through the tough times.

Keep your head up.

16. cwebbster

;) ;) ;)

17. cwebbster

:D :D :D :p :p
    I LOVE THIS MAN !!!

18. Fatty FatBastard

Really? :rolleyes:

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I dont know what I would do if a b**** left me for some guy. I'd **** him and her up. :mad:

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

So sorry, man. That's terrible. She sounds like she has turned into a horrible person. I know this is really hard for you, but DO NOT go back to her or ask her to reconsider.