1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. lfw

lfw Rookie

I'm asian and not once I voted for Yao. You mad?

2. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I have never voted for Lin as I do believe he's not there yet to play an all star game. However, I have friends that are non-Asians that vote for him almost everyday. So you sir, are an idiot.

3. Chris Jent MVP

Traitor!!

[​IMG]

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

And so they are Rocket fans which is understandable.

It makes no sense for anyone to vote for Lin for basketball reasons.

Race, story, and being a Rocket fan would be the only factors. It sure isn't play.

5. timyeung

timyeung Member

Are you a troll?

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Still don't understand why so many Linners can't accept the truth that he has a lot of Asian fans because of his race?

It's ok for Bogut/Mills to have a lot of Aussie fans. It's ok for Rubio/Gasol to have a lot of Spanish fans.

But Lin, NO RACE IS NOT A FACTOR!!!

Double standards ... Dirk is always referred to as the big German. I wonder how mad Linners would be if he was referred to as the quick Asian. Can Yao Ming be the Great Wall?

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I know you guys have the whole victim mentality going on but guys, there is nothing wrong with being Asian or having a lot of Asian fans.

Feels like you Linners are implying that there is something wrong with being Asian with all your defensiveness. I'm sure Lin is proud of his heritage just like Yao was m'kay?

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

That actually already happened. They refereed to him and 2 other teammates as that when he played for Team China.

9. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

Fans don't always vote based on the player play in the particular year. This has been going on since the format began. It is rather moot to keep pointing that out.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Great Wall of Yao and Shanghai Shake were awesome nicknames for Yao's defense and post moves.

11. Chris Jent MVP

Still don't understand why so many trolls haven't learned how to read?

This has been addressed. The only reason race ever enters the discussion is because detractors use it to downplay his success. That's why it's an issue.

Yes of course. 62% TS is garbage, who would want to see such a scrub?? Fans don't want to see no stinkin fancy layups :rolleyes:

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You only feel that way because you have a victim mentality.

13. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

Isn't there another Asian player in the NBA? It is odd that I never heard about that guy until I started posting here. Lin race is a factor to Asian fans, but if he can't play then Asian fans wouldn't know about him either.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Exactly, race and play are BOTH factors.

So to answer the original question of why Lin has so many votes than Harden, it's not because of the stupid ass reasons Linners come up with (questioning Harden's position in the organization? lol b**** pls.), it's because Lin is Asian.

Linners are the ones assigning negative connotations which is what I don't get. Strong victim is strong.

15. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

Reason why Lin has more votes because he has more fans. His race, story, and what he was able to do make him unique, hence why he has more followers. It doesn't hurt that he is more likable than Harden either.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Considering yesterday you hinted you think that Lin is better than Harden, I would like you to answer the same question.

I don't think Lin deserves votes based off of Linsanity, last year, this year, and etc.

You do realize you are obsessing over another grown man. It is creepy.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah so basically because he's Asian, which made his story unique and hence the followers.

lol @ being likeable than Harden being a factor.

18. Chris Jent MVP

You got it backwards. It's the bigots with their victim mentality, who feel they are being victimized by some Asian mob because they cannot fathom Lin's success being due to his own merits.

It is always the bigots who play the victim - gay marriage is attacking traditional marriage, women's rights are destroying families, happy holidays is because atheists are declaring war on christmas, all the usual bullsh!t.

19. Chris Jent MVP

Why is it that hard to believe? This was addressed in a great post by torocan:

That sums it up perfectly.

People still remember Linsanity. Jeremey has a fun style and is a playmaker who gets his teammates involved, also he has a great finish at the rim. Why is it hard to believe that fans genuinely like Lin's game?

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

hes an above average player that is popular because he is asian. you don't see ty lawson being the bomb over there in china, do you?