1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. Chris Jent MVP

How do you know which players The Asians voted for, and which ones they didn't?

If it is relevant to bring up in a conversation, then you should know the answer. What is the percentage of Asian votes for each player?

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Stop pretending race is not a factor, see:
    [​IMG]

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Not saying it's a bad thing - people wanted to know why Lin has so many votes & more than Harden. It's because he is Asian and has more Asian fans.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It is ridiculous to pretend race is not a factor.

5. Chris Jent MVP

Apparently no Asians voted for Dwight Howard then? Is that what your picture proves?

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Don't be silly. My picture shows Asian players do get a lot more AS votes than more deserving players because of their Asian fans - same can apply to flashier/athletic players getting a lot more votes than less "fun" players that are just as productive.

Or we can just pretend that Lin got so many votes than Harden because of non-race factors if that makes you feel better.

7. Chris Jent MVP

Unless it can be shown that Asians do not vote for non-Asian players, it is just a red herring.

Asian fans are NBA fans. Lin isn't even the most popular in Asia either.

Race is more of a factor for those who dislike Lin, than for those who do.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Why are you so defensive? What do you have against Asians voting for Asian players?

9. Chris Jent MVP

You're still not getting it. If Asians vote for all NBA players, then you could also say that ALL players got undeserved votes. Because you cannot quantify the effect of the Asian vote. All you can do is point at a list and point at a guy you don't like.

How do you know that those same Yi voters didn't also give Garnett enough votes to bump ahead of Yi?

It is nothing but racism to assume that Asian voters don't know how to vote properly. Or that they can't be true fans of the game.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

NEWS FLASH
    its because he's asian. Nothing wrong with it, but majority of Rockets fans would prefer to see Harden in there instead of Lin. Lin knows himself that he isn't a better player than Harden.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lolwut? When did anyone say that?

People can vote for whoever they want - just pointing out the obvious that Lin is going to have a lot more Asian fans than guys like Harden because he is Asian. Just like Yi had a lot more Asian fans than Carter that year.

Again, what do you have against Asian players having a lot of Asian fans?

13. Chris Jent MVP

I don't have anything against Asians voting for Asian players.

I have something against the ASSumption that Asian players don't deserve the votes they get, and also the ASSumption that Asian voters aren't contributing to the vote totals of all players.

It is this ASSumption that causes excessive criticism against Lin and his fans on this forum, pouting and blaming The Asians.

This is the opposite of what should be happening. It is really disgraceful, almost makes me feel ashamed to be Houstonian, I don't know why Clutch lets it go on like this, it pays the bills I guess.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He just can't face the truth that the only reason Lin is getting votes is because he has a giant following in Asia and theyre voting him in even though there are much better players that deserve to play. This is very true and pointing fingers at people that point the obvious with "racist" and other r****ded claims need to really examine themselves. Theres nothing wrong with Lin having asian fans; not sure why Lin fans here are so scared to admit this.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Chinese fans vote in Kobe or Dwight Howard because theyre big names and are the best or formerly the best at their position. Lin is voted because hes a big name due to his race, not because hes some established 10x previous all star and NBA champion.

Is there a difference? No, but Howard isnt getting votes because hes black, hes getting votes because hes the best at his position. Lin is getting votes because hes China/Taiwan's icon.

Nobody is blaming asian, we are blaming blind fandom you moron

16. Chris Jent MVP

Do people not know how to read here?

I'll just use your own words as an example here. If you don't get it, then you don't get it.

Your own words.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Who gives a crap, know Germans who worship Dirk, Asians who love Yao/Lin, people creaming themselves over Patty Mills, why the fk is everyone getting so riled up over a glorified popularity contest

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

RACIST!!!!!! German fans who love Dirk also vote for other players, same with Australians who only pay attention to Mills and Bogut because they are Aussies - they also only pay attention to ALL players!!!

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I'm going to say that you have given up at a coherent discussion if that is your reply. I'm not going to vote in Lin just because he's asian. I'm going to vote in players I want to see because theyre good players and are going to be able to entertain me when I watch the ASG, not because theyre the same skin color. If i was to vote in Lin I'd at least admit the reason why, instead of denying an obvious truth and then pointing fingers at others and then claiming they're asian-hatin racists. If Lin was one of the best at his position then I have no problem with people voting him in. But I do have an issue with blind fandom because it's punishing other people who want to see a better player play in the ASG, like James Harden. You'd be really dumb to think that me being a true fan of the NBA apparently makes me a "hater".

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

It's okay everyone, if you've voted just be happy. When you give people the right to vote, don't expect the result to give you the best outcome but just the most popular outcome.