1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seattle man tests transgender rule by changing in women's locker room.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are the one that said the only way we could know is to see their genitals...

I mean I guess this means even when they are behind a stall or a curtain too right?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

He doesn't know the basics of sex or gender and you are likely just confusing him.

Also I guess Bobby does feel that not only are transgender people mentally ill but gay people as well.

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

In this thread: transgender people risk social alienation, transphobic murders, higher suicide rates, and mistreatment in order to have a higher chance of being caught and arrested for indecent exposure.

:confused::confused::confused:

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another group of strawman arguments. It's just sad.

No one said that a man had to wear a suit, no one said they can't wear a dress.....they just say that they should go to the locker room intended for men since they are a man. It's a biological fact. I don't care if the man decides that they feel like a woman, they are still a man.

You know, the fact that I even have to spell this basic **** out just shows how ridiculous people like you are. Honestly I'm done with this conversation because I have no delusion that a person like yourself will ever come around and see basic common sense for what it is. Your head is shoved WAY too far up your 4th point of contact for that.

5. Northside Storm

Yeah, that's not the opinion most medical practitioners or psychologists have on gender dysphoria or gender reassignment, and thank god you are neither.

How's this for a strawman argument for discrimination against trans folks: a higher chance of being caught for indecent exposure crimes. XD

You go back and curl up in your "common basic sense". it's utter horses**t, but curl up nice and tight to make sure no disturbing ideas come through.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a biological fact, opinion doesn't trump fact....of course I'm sure that's beyond your comprehension as well.

7. Northside Storm

of course, you've never heard of intersex individuals or genotypes that are not 100% dichotomous. are they men or women? are they both? oh god, let's not go to the Bobby school of medicine.

because if we went there, we might go to the Bobby school of logic, where gender = sex. :/

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And of course we hinge the entire debate on the incredibly tiny percent of the population that is born with birth defects.....

Brilliant work.

9. Nook

Nook Member

No, had he not been dressed like a woman, he wouldn't have been allowed into the ladies locker room. When I asked the monitor why he was allowed in, they said because of his dress they believed he was holding himself out as a woman.

That mistake will not be made again, they have my firm phone number, my cell phone number and the CPD number to call in the future to address the problem.

In Canada it may be acceptable for drunk men to walk around naked in a ladies locker room and ask pre-teen girls about where Mommy and Daddy are, but not here.

FWIW the man has a criminal history according my friends in the DA office.

10. Northside Storm

No, the debate is really about the following:

but as that seems to be such an utter leap of illogic once exposed, you've gone on your happy tangent of letting me probe the true ignorance of sex and gender that drives your inability to grasp sound, non-discriminatory policy choices.

Bonus points: now you're calling people who are intersex birth defects. just lol

11. Northside Storm

None of that behavior is acceptable, neither does it have anything to do with whether or not transgendered individuals should be discriminated against before-the-fact of them committing any crimes.

Forcible rapes happen, they are overwhelmingly committed by males, mostly outside of bathrooms. Do we ban all men from interacting with all women preemptively, everywhere?

You caught a crime. The police chose not to act. You committed a crime in turn. The police chose not to act. Really, you should probably figure out why the f**k your police force is so lax, rather than having people ride-on your story to justify discrimination against LGBT, many of whom are probably too stigmatized by transphobic violence and murders to go about chasing bathrooms to indecently expose themselves in at higher rates than "regular" people.

#111 Northside Storm, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't commit a crime.

Irrelevant to me whether or not he committed a crime. He did something morally wrong, I protected my niece and other; and it is highly unlikely he will go to that gym/club ever again. What I did to him is far worse than what the CPD would have done, especially with the popularity of cell phones.

I haven't provided a single opinion on the trans community or what is or isn't acceptable.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You sent someone to the ER without commiting a crime?

You're a goddamned wizard.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I sent him to the ER (Rush) and he is stil an inpatient for surgical consult on repair blood flow to extremities and sensory observation.

He is fortunate that I limited my level of self defense because I had a kid in the car waiting for me.

6'6" 250 lbs Texan living in Chicago and I help back.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I actually hate that this is where this world is headed.

I think those who have the balls (no pun intended) to get a full blown sex change should be allowed into the opposite bathroom.

Everyone else should go to their own.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This entire bending of rules in gender separated bathrooms is just lazy and doesn't help anyone.

The concept of separation have a whole lot to do with women not feeling comfortable seeing dongs hanging in their face, nor are they comfortable with men (a human with a penis with includes men self identifies as something else) seeing them get naked.

I mean sure it has some deterrence affect for rapists and pedophiles, but let's face it, male pedophiles can disguise themselves pretty well if they want to go into a women's bathroom and creep on little girls, or they can just legally walk into a man's change room and creep on little boys.

If you are going to allow self identity to bypass segregation, then get rid of segregation all together. For many decades, in most countries women are comfortable with changing with other women, AKA not people with penises, and then all of a sudden we are just going to say it's okay to break these rule because you think you are another gender.

I mean, yes trans people would feel discriminated by the rule, but you are essentially ignoring what people have been comfortably doing for decades, which is that a whole lot of women don't feel comfortable with naked men in their changing room, and parents don't want their daughters to see strange penises when they are changing.

I say just make a unisex change room, or use the men's room if you have a penis, because guys generally don't give a **** about who or what they change with.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Alright but in your case of restrooms when are women getting the chance of seeing dongs? Women's rooms don't have urinals.

Also, I really don't care personally about people's comfort. You could discriminate any group base on the "They are not comfortable with this." it's basically the argument to deny Muslims Mosques and keep them out of the country because of people not being comfortable with it.

People weren't comfortable with Gay marriage for a long time too. Ah well. They'll get over it.

Besides, I haven't seen any major polls by women about their opinion on this matter.

I also wish that men really didn't care. History shows that some men do care and will beat up a transgender person or sexually assault them for using the men's room.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

People do change in washrooms because there's usually not a whole lot of change rooms in non gym areas. So it is not a non-issue.

you might not care for it, but being "comfortable" with something is actually basis into many laws, especially public indecency laws. It's a moral issue that are always debated but also have clear lines for people. Walking around in public nude will get you arrested in most places, having sex on a park bench will also get you arrested, hell people even throw fits about mothers breastfeeding in public.

this is a moral issue, you can't just say screw what other people feel comfortable with because that's not how a real society works.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People change in the stalls? In all my years of going into restrooms, locker rooms, whatever...I've never seen people so willing to flash their genitals around and just so willy nilly get naked in front of strangers. Sure there are people that do that but that isn't specific to male, female, or transgender people. You made my point for me though, people don't want to see other people naked. Women don't want to see other women's t*** out walking out in the street.

Also yes seriously, I don't care if the majority (Where is the study on that or poll?) say they don't want it. The Majority at one point didn't want gay marriage, interracial marriage, or any number of things.

The issue I have is this idea that MTF transgender people are walking into restrooms and throwing off their clothes and throwing their dong around everywhere when the locations that has passed this has had no problems.

Most people don't want to be in a public restroom longer than they have to.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Then why do you care about the comfort level of a transgender? You feel its better to make 25%+ uncomfortable to suit .05%??

My general philosophy is dont be an *******. Yes, if a person struggles with their gender crisis by forcing other people to cater to their crisis, then they are an *******. If a TG can take care of their business w/out creating a incident, then who cares what facility they use. Just do it, be done with your business and move on. If a TG feels the urge to strip down in front of everyone in a facility and disrupt it, then yes, I have an issue with that. Rarely is their a facility that a person is forced to show their business to everyone. I dont think i've ever been in one that did not have some form of privacy.

If you haven't seen a poll on this subject, go make your own. Simply ask any woman on the street if they would feel comfortable with showering with an individual with a penis. You wont do this because you know women overwhelmingly would feel very uncomfortable with this.

Apparently you can't find ANY data that suggest women are uncomfortable with a penis in the facility, but you have data that suggest men are uncomfortable with a vagina in the facility? ... and that they assault them? That is just hysterical on so many levels. A man finds a transgender person (vagina) in their facility and they are filled with so much rage they feel the need to rape them? Do you even think about what you are posting?