1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seattle man tests transgender rule by changing in women's locker room.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't speak for others but yes. Laws are there to govern behavior. Without those then having gender separated bathrooms wouldn't be a deterrence to perverted behavior to begin with. Also as noted even with gender separated bathrooms. There can be and is perverted behavior. We address that with the same laws that govern unisex or mixed genders facilities.
    What you're basically saying is that men can't control themselves in a mixed gender situation. If that is really the case then even a law keeping genders separate won't work since if men are so apt to lose control and violate laws regarding behavior what's violating one more law and going into a separate gender facility?

I don't know what your life experience has been but having been in mixed gendered facilities it seems like that yes most men can control themselves and follow the law and norms of civilized behavior.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm not concerned in the least about those that follow the laws. My concerns are for those that don't. Is "most" good enough for you when talking about sexual predators controlling themselves in mixed bathrooms?

I just say keep separate bathrooms separate. Make the family bathroom into the transsexual/transgender rr.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you could end the thread right here.

bigtexxxx can keep talking to himself, though.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I guess you're right if you don't care about women feeling vulnerable and exposed.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You actually are wrong about that, not that it matters.

If someone is being a sexual deviant in the restroom, they are still held to the law. What I gave was an example. Here is another example...

A woman could walk into a male restroom, take off her top and try to force herself onto others. That too is a crime (if the man is unwilling of course) there are a thousand different hypothetical examples featuring Males, Females, whatever.

What I have a problem with is how one sided this is. Men going into women's restrooms.

It is hunky dory, the places that have passed it haven't had problems with it. I mean, other than this protester lol.

So again...What I have a problem with is how one sided this is. Men going into women's restrooms...

One thing that HAS actually happened is that M-F transgender goes into the male restroom (as you want them to) and gets sexually assaulted or just plain assaulted.

This logic is so backwards.

So do you prevent all adults from going to Chuck-E-Cheese because of the risk that a pedo may snatch up a kid there?

SURE, there is a risk that one nut may put on a dress to gain access to the ladies room so that he can peek under skirts or expose himself and dangle it all around...guess what, that's still illegal. It seems as the places that have passed this has proven, most of them just want to use the restroom and get out.

Also there is the fact that as the years go on Transsexuals transitions have become A LOT more convincing. Especially for those that get hormone treatment at an early age (Some of them are even models for F's sake) so are you then going to check their genitals to make sure they are using the right restroom?

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

You're like Bizzaro me. You are the exact opposite of me in every sense of the word. There is no point in even seeing what you post anymore because is just baffles me that there are actually minds like yours out there in society. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing with one less person in my internet life.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing better than the old "I'm going to block you!" internet post though. Especially coming from someone so against "PC" culture that they can't handle someone with a differing view from theirs.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also though, the facts are the facts. I know facts don't matter to those that discriminate, but there is actually more of a threat to the transgender people that are forced to use a restroom rather than whatever hypothetical that people bring up.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The poor tranny just wanted to use the facilities that it felt in tune with on that day, why are people in Washington so mean?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Looks like you didn't read the story.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did, a tranny walked into a changing room and took it's shirt off and everyone flipped out and kept calling it a "he" which is horribly rude. It was feeling like a woman that day and gender choice should be respected.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except if these people are going to break the law anyway why would separate gender bathrooms stop them?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sorry, according to the article posted that's not at all what happened...

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This problem wouldn't really exist if we labelled the rooms:

- VAGINAS
    - PENISES

Rather than male/female. Makes sense too given we have urinals, which are designed for convenience to genitalia rather than sexual orientation. Seems simple enough, and you avoid the stupid idea of having to define sexuality with a bathroom policy.

Would be best to have mixed facilities but if we can't agree, let's just stop making this a contentious issue and start moving towards solving the deeper problems rather than the surface ones for the LGBT community.

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I offer evidence to the contrary......

[​IMG]

16. Nook

Nook Member

I have been taking my niece to dance class for the last 3-4 months in Chicago. My niece is 9 years old. After dance class she showers and changes. It is an area where other athletic clubs are situated and other women use the same locker area as well. One day Abigail was acting odd and I asked her why. She said a man with a skirt shared the locker room and he stared at her. I figured it had to be a mistake or misunderstanding. Next time she told me he was naked without underwear on, changing and was talking to some girls while slowly getting dressed.

Abigail said he was still in the locker room. She was ushered to my truck by a concerned mom in the dance class and the situation was handled appropriately. The cops came, no charges were pressed against me because of common decency. The pervert went to the ER and I have the support of a dozen dance mothers.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Sounds like we should ban all guns and alcohol as well then.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

How do you know the guy wasn't a transgender? If he was, we've got people in this thread saying he has a right to be there, and in fact is not a pervert.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you beat up a tranny and the cops did nothing? I'm outraged!

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Mr. Rule of Law right here LOL.

"nation of laws, not men" eh?

nobody gives a s**t but if you were consistent in your principles you would. ;)