1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Season 2 of the Howard era - good times ahead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketScientist, Jul 15, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure those are his playoff stats (based off a whopping six game sample size) and not his season stats.

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

We got good value for Asik.

And once the whole Melo thing happened, we had already burned the fences with Lin. He was as good as gone.

3. seeingred

seeingred Member

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If we were willing to take salary back, we could have done much better than a mid-teens pick for Asik. Much of the value of that trade was getting the cap space, which we didn't ultimately need.

I think too much was made of Lin feeling offended. Morey does seem to do a poor job making his own players feel warm and fuzzy about the team. I would say it's doing serious damage to his job performance and therefore the franchise. But, I think Lin would have been okay for another season and would let the whole 'we're going to dump you in the scrap pile and chase Melo' thing blow over. And, again, if we're trading him, we could have taken salary back for next season and made the loss of talent not so bad.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Some of you guys turn into sheep and a)forget too quickly / b)lose sight of what we have.

Howard was a monster in the playoffs.

6. Omron

Omron Member

I differ on Howard. The Howard on the Magic was pure dominance. He was like a young pitcher that can throw 100mph fastball. The current version of Howard just doesn't seem to have that zip.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

How good is 25 points a game when you are giving up 20 to the other team's SG?

8. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

As long as we have Harden and Howard, we'll be fine.

9. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

There aren't many superstars in the league and Harden is not one. I'm not being a homer. I love Harden but he is not a superstar. You have to perform on the biggest stage on both ends of the floor. In the playoffs he did not show up.

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

He should not be considered a superstar just because there aren't any SGs better currently in the league. That's just dumb. He did not perform in the playoffs when the games matter the most. Wes Matthews outplayed him. That is very disturbing.

11. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Howard is a legit superstar and he proved it over the course of his career. James needs to prove that he is that's all I am saying.

12. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Yeah Exactly!
    we just need to bring in a backup PG who is a playmaker.

A backup Center is also a huge priority, just someone to do the dirty work and have near great D.

Would be awesome to get those two on an expiring deal!

O wait....:rolleyes:

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

at least with bev/Johnson you get 48 mins of pestering defense.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

One playoff series does not make or break a star. Let's see if he learned by next year or not. Lebron had bad playoffs at times as well until he matured.

15. HTM

HTM Member

are these the happy times?

16. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Looking more and more like a superstar.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

about that..........

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

He isn't technically wrong? Harsenal did improve his offenses and defense and he IS indeed a superstar.

Buuut. I did think Harden was reaching superstar status around the end of his first year with the Rockets