1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seahawks interested in Duane Brown?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Oct 9, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Something about more Clemson players on this team excites me. I would love to have him if it was guaranteed he would piss clean and shut his mouth. That is two too many things to worry about in my opinion. I am seeing a lot of Josh Gordon with this guy.

2. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

What's wrong with that? Everyone should want to be the No.1 Guy.

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Piss test is a legit concern but I would take a flyer. Still on the rookie contract so team still has a lot of control.

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We just paid Nuk to be just that. What would be a difference from being here than over there? Watson is going to want to give it to Fuller just like Ben wants to get it to Juju. He’d still be a 2/3 option

Pitt has a more open locker room than Houston so they can say what they want. Houston doesn’t allow that sh*t

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Some just-for-fun NFL trade deadline ideas
    • Martavis Bryant to the Bears for a fifth-round pick
    • Teddy Bridgewater to the Cardinals for a conditional midround pick
    • Marcell Dareus to the Cowboys for a fifth-round pick
    • Jarvis Landry to the Jaguars for a second-round pick
    • Duane Brown to Seahawks for a second-round pick
    This is a wild card (aren't they all?), as the Seahawks would have to get really creative with cap money. But they aren't happy with their left tackle situation, and Brown isn't happy with his contract, as he just ended his holdout this week. The Texans have survived so far without Brown in 2017 and get some draft value in return for him, while Seattle gets a guy motivated to earn a new deal.​
    • John Brown to the Bills for a fifth-round pick
    • Matt Forte to the Ravens for a fifth-round pick

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Jarvis Landry to the Jags would be tough to swallow.. They are getting good, offensive passing game is their only struggle, this would help that.

Also, they should look at Teddy B. I mean I don't think he's good, but if they learned anything from the Texans, it's don't waste your elite defense years, get the QB fast.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Best case scenario.
    This trade happens.
    Seahawks miss the playoffs
    Texans trade into the end of the first with their 3rd round and their new 2nd round
    Rick Smith works his 1st round magic

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I doubt the Texans will trade Duane Brown after cutting lamm

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

JImmy Graham will be a free agent after this season, you do not trade Brown for him unless there is also a draft pick coming

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Well if they don’t plan on having Duane here next year, would it really matter?

On the other side, I agree it wouldn’t make sense because LT is one of our issues.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Duane Brown is a cancer in the locker room, just getting rid of him makes the team better. If you can get Jimmy Graham for him, you do it the second today's game is over and be happy you don't have to give up any picks to get rid of garbage like Duane Brown.

K-Lo_The_Future likes this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You do if losing Brown is addition by subtraction and at this point from a locker pov it might be.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Brown going to Seattle would be too good for Brown. Texans should dump him to a trash team for whatever.

K-Lo_The_Future and megastahr like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not concerned about where Brown goes, just so long as he's someone else's problem. Given that he cares so little about his career and so much about SJW nonsense, he's guaranteed to be at the ass end of his career anyway.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

At least it's not LA where is diva wife works. He won't admit it but that's exactly where he wants to end up and he's got two teams now. His PED using ass is trying to get cut so he can be a FA. But I agree, Buffalo or Cleveland would be nice for him imo.

17. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Brown is worth 5 times as much as Jimmy Graham balance-of-season. Rapoport is just peddling Fake News.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Duane is going to be a team recker and a locker room breaker. The real problem is he knows exactly what he's doing. I can't wait for the Texans to ship his ass to Cleveland. It's a match made in heaven. ;)

It goes a little something like this,

Duane "Cleveland" Brown

K-Lo_The_Future likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member