1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seabiscuit-legit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fredterp, Jul 30, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Here is a link to a the first legitmate oscar nominee movie this year. One of best movies to come out in years. In a year of superheros at the movies, this horse "SEABISCUIT" took the country on a ride of a lifetime during some trying times. The audience applauded during the movie and at it's end. You don't have to like sports to fall in love with this movie. A horse too small, a jockey too tall, and a trainer too old. FREDTERP

Try "Trailer A" at this link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/s/seabiscuit.php

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I've always wanted to say this: "Wrong Forum."

Yeah, I wanna see the movie.. maybe even read the book. I saw a thing on A&E or The History Channel about Seabiscuit. I never appreciated what a big deal that was to our nation at the time.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course.... WRONG!

3. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

:D With a name like yours, I would've guessed you'd want to talk about horses and horse races regardless of the forum!:D

4. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

How about this trade..............

The Troll for seabiscuit................sounds good................:eek:

5. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Giddyup, I knew this post was non-Rocket related, but this kind of movie rarely comes along. It rates with Field of Dreams, The Natural, Hoosiers, but unlike these sport films listed, SEABISBUIT has a chance for "movie of the year" according to the critics! Anyone who follows basketball would love this film. My wife who doesn't appreciate horse racing was on the edge of her seat as if she was watching a live sporting event and loved the movie which came from the best selling book, SEABISCUIT. The match race shown during the movie was the sports event of the year in 1938. FDR rearranged an important speech because of the race. The movie shows how anything is possible and how Jeff Bridges thought POSITIVE and always talked about the FUTURE. Many will get a tear during many moments of the WELL DIRECTED movie. Remember the the name Gary Ross who directed the movie. The critics mention his name with Frank Capra. In sum, you willl leave the movie theater feeling good and talking about the movie all the way home. Critic, Ebert said in a movie year of superheros, his hero was a horse! FREDTERP

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Excellent movie................although this should be in the "Hangout Forum"

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok and what does that have to do with the Rockets?

8. The Fever

The Fever Member

Good grief guys, he just wanted to let everyone know that this movie kicked ass. There is a better chance of more eyes seeing in the Rockets forum than in the hangout forum. I think he is just trying to do everyone a favor, it's not going to kill you to NOT OPEN THIS THREAD. Geez...

By the way, we saw it this weekend, and Fred is correct. Great friggin movie!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.