1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SE HOUSTON is GHETTO!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulnhbtx, Dec 17, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which is more ghetto

1. Greenspoint

64 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. SE Houston

51 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

RIP King's Flea Market

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DHyqs0PoBgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If you feel unsafe, just run all your errands on that side of town during a Texans game. It's a ghost town on the streets when they're playing.

* I have no clue what I'm talking about. I grew up in Spring, and live in Sugar Land now.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I guess you took a strolled at Almeda Mall? lol

Trust me. This is not even close to ghetto. You're 10 minutes away from Clear Lake, Pearland, and Friendswood.

Like others have said. Go check out Sunnyside. The 'real' Southeast Houston.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Loll yeah that's straight up OG ghetto

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

NB4 ziggy checks in and declares everything outside the loop ghetto;)

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Anything in between 45 from league city to woodlands is ghetto. Right now the hottest spot is northwest. Veterans Memorial, some games top or bank is getting robed every day.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I purposely drove to Sunnyside at 2 am to see what's poppin. I saw black zombies walking senseless.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm from Inwood, should I evacuate?

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I work at greenspoint. This place gets worse during holiday season. There was a shooting 2 days back and today I saw like 5 cop cars chasing some clown on ym way into work.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do this. Ride around slowly with your windows down. Attach a couple GoPro cameras to your car so you can record everything.

11. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've worked off Mykawa near Sunnyside for 25 years. I remember the days when people would knock on your window when you drove a neighborhood street to see what you were buying. Just enterprising young people...business minded. ;) Things have picked up. Of couse, we don't have pagers anymore. Everyone has a computer in their pocket. I also manage some buildings near Fuqua. In both places, there are some good restaurants and places to get a haircut, and places to hang out or shop and talk to people. Yes, there are cockfights and dogpits and you can hear them and screwed music, but people generally work hard to get ahead and things are pretty good.

Gunspoint is a little more intimidating to me. Also Bissonent near Beltway 8, near the car dealerships and the old Sears, where all the hookers are. :p My car broke down there one time right at dusk at the corner and it was a little scary. I paid a "security fee" to an old man in a wheelchair to wait for the tow truck. Some guys had surrounded the car when it broke down and offered to "help me" . Hookers were pretty nice after that, and the big dudes walking back and forth from the check cashing/lotto/liquor place to the boarded up apartment complex left me alone. Some of the hookers wanted to study and learn a trade...all different types of girls too ....big, small, whatever. I guess there are all kinds of markets. Interesting stories. Tow truck driver said he wouldn't have come if it were a little bit later. It's still one of the interesting learning experiences in my life.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I also recommend going 99.7% of the way to the BEAUTIFUL OASIS of Sugar Land and stopping for gas off Bissonett doing the same thing.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I grew up in Stafford/Sharpstown. It's gotten progressively ghetto over the last 20 years. The poor basically got squeezed between Bellaire/the Loop and Sugarland/other forms of Suburbia.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fw0uz88E2gI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Indaface

Indaface Member

LOL @ OP going to Brewingz

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol at OP. Did you not realize there's a lot of folks on this forum that live in those areas?

It's not like people in bellaire and tanglewood are on clutchfans discussing dmo vs jones.

17. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Why wouldn't they? Your generalizations are just as bemusing as his.

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

He won't be able to see those videos.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FSU145Cr9So" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tGnUsl1Azms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Cranberry_Juice

Will Katy at some point become the new Alief if oil prices keep this downward trend?