1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SE HOUSTON is GHETTO!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulnhbtx, Dec 17, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which is more ghetto

1. Greenspoint

64 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. SE Houston

51 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yeah, Settegast is pretty bad. I'm just East of there. Everything along Mesa is a place to avoid.

2. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

hit it on the head! 45 and fuqua TRASH

3. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Yes this part too.

4. LardLad

LardLad Member

Thunderbolt (love those old school commercials)...then McDonalds a few feet down......I STILL get my oil change at Harrisburg Lube....I have bought clothing at Sand Dollar...There is an amazing Pupuseria on Harrisburg called Olocuilta that I highly recommend....those seedy bars..yeah..I've messed up my mind in those bars as a teenager cause those were the only places that served me as a youngin'...The closer Harrisburg gets to turning into Broadway the more dangerous those bars get. I used live in some apartments near Harrisburg that had an elementary school in its actual premises. I once got so drunk that I passed out in the school's playground. I woke up to a blaring sun and a concerned teacher telling me that I could not sleep inside the slide. Harrisburg/SE area also has Lenox BBQ next to the WASHATERIA where my mom went to do our laundry. SE/Harrisburg is my childhood. Taking Metro Bus #50. #36 Lawndale. Magnolia Transist Center. Jackson Middle School. Austin High School. Lawndale near the Orange Show. This is my youth.

1 person likes this.
  5. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

SETTEGAST isn't that bad.. I feel like in the SE and gunspoint are the homes of different kinds of criminals. Just bad people.. I grew up in Kashmere gardens HAHA I live in Champions now.. All parts of have shady spots.. But to me the SE is just so trashy! I would rather live in 5thward lol

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'd actually prefer SE Houston to Gunspoint but maybe I'm biased because that's where I grew up.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Seriously, GTFO. If you're b****in because you live there, then MOVE...immediately! If you're hating because you live somewhere else and got lost on your way to Hobby airport or Galveston then please go !@#$% yourself.

And have a nice day :)

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Dang......hatin on fuqua? You seriously think this part of town is ghetto? :confused: You haven't seen nothing yet!

Why do I feel like OP just played a ball game at Beverly Hills park?

#28 mvpcrossxover, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  9. CrashTheBoards

I can tell you're broke ass lives in apartments.

10. CrashTheBoards

And that was not a typo. You are broke ass.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Haha. Sup. I went from se to greenspoint. Maybe I know you. The economy there is strictly frozen.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I grew up between Reveille and Telephone Road, sort of between Park Place and what became Gulfgate. So it's supposed to be ghetto now? Should we be excited? Get out of here! Reminds me of the neighborhood back in the day. Tel-Wink Grill, Ranger Drive In, Santa Rosa Theater, Madding's Drugs, Peppermint Park. The underground bowling alley at Gulfgate. Anyone remember those places? Seriously, I doubt that Telephone Rd. is any rougher now than it was 45-50 years ago. **** happened around there all the time when it got late at night. Bad ****.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Too much new construction for that to be that bad....pretty much every middle to low income area has it's ghetto spots, but this area has improved.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I grew up here as a pasty white kid, until about 1992 at which point we retreated to the suburbs. The area has certainly changed quite a bit over the years.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Elvis isn't* scared of the Ghetto, neither should you OP....:eek:

[​IMG]

16. macho87

macho87 Member

Telwink waffles are the bomb.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Ha I used to play there all the time. That plays is nothing compared to other shady parks I've played at.

18. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Southside holdin it dine.

No but really, stay away from Greenspoint for your own safety.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

lol. You have a big ass Internet mouth.

20. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

I'm sorry if you live there are were raised there but the people there are just trashy people.. 75% of the people that live there are proud to be from the Southeast. They talk so high and mighty about there horrible neighborhood and the sad part it I am willing to bet most people that live there rent and don't even own!

I had the unfortunate look of eating at the brewingz on 45 and Fuqua and I wanted to get out of there ASAP!