1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scrub Starting Next Game Another Loss Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Kubiak will say Hopkins ran the wrong route and wasn't battlefighting and that caused the int.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I can promise you the coaches don't make much, if any, distinction between an INT and a pick-6 - they're both equally destructive. Kubiak has made it clear Schaub is on a very tight leash. I very much doubt, frankly, that he'll have the opportunity to throw a second INT (unles the first one is a no-doubt fault of the receiver, who falls down, or something, or comes on a hail mary at the end of the half).

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Tipjar bet on your 'another loss coming' statement? You contribute $50 if Texans win against St. Louis, I contribute $50 if they lose. Deal?

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There's a big difference to me. Trying to get the ball downfield and getting picked off is sometimes like a punt.

Matt is having trouble on short throws. He's throwing into double coverage and is pressing for sure. His biggest strength was accuracy. That has gone to **** this season.

LOL at JR's post. When I heard Kubiak refer to Schaub as "kid" this week, I almost spit out my drink.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the worst part about the interception is it was a 3 and 6 and andre's route was around 4 yards... so is that on Andre, Schaub, or Kubes???

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Kubes for calling the play, Matt for throwing that pass? Andre can do no wrong in my book :grin:

I actually think we can still win with one pick 6. If he throws two of them, we might have a game on our hands.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Whenever Kubiak is asked about throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down, he always says the play is designed for the receiver to make a play.

That's just a lot to ask of the receiver to get open, make the catch and then get 5 yards after the catch.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's a great plan if your QB's throws didn't look like they came in slow motion.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

What if he throws for 420 yards 3 TDs 2 INTs and the Texans lose?

10. sammy

He gets replaced by Yates who is horrible.

At least, we would be one step closer to Keenum but all a moot point if we go to 2-4.

11. Raven

Raven Member

I'm not buying that Kubiak has Schaub on a short leash, not at all, and I'd be shocked if he's yanked in the first half, no matter how poorly he plays.

Kubiak "might" bench Schaub if he throws another touchdown for the other team, but it wouldn't surprise me if he left him out there, and that's truly depressing.

And if the Texans lose, the season is probably lost, and that's going to really piss me off. At that point, I hope guys like JJ and Cush stage an intervention and try to get Kubiak fired.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kubiak said Schaub was the guy Sunday/Monday... all of a sudden he changes his tune on Wednesday. Hmm... my guess, higher-ups had a sitdown with Kubiak. It's not Kubiak's leash, it's McNair's/Smith's.

Schaub will do fine Sunday. He's putting up better numbers than Flacco and Palmer. St. Louis cant stop the run and their secondary doesn't make plays. The leash theory will go untested.

13. Hey Now!

Maybe; but I'd wager you would have said, "no way!" if I had told you a few days ago that Kubiak would have termed his decision to start Schaub a "tough" one. He doesn't normally offer insight of that sort, and it felt pretty obviously like a shot across Schaub's bow.

If Kubiak is really and truly invested in Matt Schaub, then I can't fathom that he'd send him back out to that crowd after a pick-6. Doesn't mean he won't start the following week; just that Gary will want to try and preserve whatever shred of confidence Scaub has left. Because the scene in that stadium if he throws another pick-6 is going to be uuuuuugly.

Not even remotely - all three loses would be to NFC opponents. They would still have five divisional games and four more conference games remaining. The make-or-break game this year is week 9 against the Colts.

14. Raven

Raven Member

How many teams have started 2-4 and gone on to win a super bowl?

15. sammy

That's flawed logic. Of course, this is a must-win. The make or break game is in week 9? At 2-5 potentially? LOL.

1 person likes this.
  16. Hey Now!

90? 0? Who cares? It has no bearing on whether *this* team can start 2-4 and win the Super Bowl.

I'm obviously not suggesting it wouldn't be a giant hole - but with five division games remaining, and nine total conference games, even at 2-4, their season would not be lost.

17. Hey Now!

Understanding every game is inherently important... within that dynamic, out-of-conference games are the least-important games. Even at 2-5, I wouldn't completely rule them out, not with five division games left. Sweep the South (they're 1-0!) and this season is anything but lost.

There's a default internal setting in most of us that your team has to win at least 10 games to be a playoff contender. And that's usually the case. But there's a much easier path to the playoffs: win your division. And with five division games left, the Texans - even at 2-5 - can theoretically control their own destiny.

The Chief game is probably the make or break game, regardless of what happens Sunday because its a conference game. In fact, if they *have* to lose one of these next two, the Rams game is the one to choke. Being 3-4 heading into the bye with the Colts up next isn't a death knell by any means; it's a fairly ripe opportunity.

18. sammy

^All a moot point because we aren't going into KC and beating them if we can't take care of St Louis at home.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hey now if this team loses at home, with Matt Scahub and partially because of Matt Schaub it's over. The team will hear the biggest boos in the last 10 years. They'll question the coach and they will hate Schaub.

20. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least we don't have Eli!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.