1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scrub Starting Next Game Another Loss Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Schaub really got lucky having to have one of the worst run defenses in STL come to town. This is a good game for our QB to get out of his rut...there is zero reason to force the ball to the flat(where most of his passes have been returned to the house)...

If he decides to throw...focus on the seem routes and crossing routes to get him going. And he has to really focus on getting the ball to that spot with velocity. He has to get back to the roots of just playing smart football.

Im rooting for this guy...really bc we dont have anyone else too do so...its too late to consider changing the captain of the ship. We have to ride and die with Schaub.

I cant believe im saying this...argh...Matt if you loose to the Rams this week, you deserve to be benched and then cut on June 1st...

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

"No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source."

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

4. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

If i were Schaub, beating a "bad" Rams team doesnt help my confidence. Would rather have seen Yates or Case get a shot vs the "bad" team.

5. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Gary "Cliche" Kubiak. He only speaks in Cliches. To be a head coach you have to know football and speak in cliches and you got yourself a job.

6. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Rex Ryan is the only one I can think of that goes against the grain.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What else do you expect?

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Using incorrect punctuation is really great because it helps you to get your point across to everyone that is listening to you or reading your words and it also shows how angry and passionate you are about making your point and doesn't distract from your message or undermine your credibility at all

9. Raven

Raven Member

Pancakes said yesterday that Kubiak would officially declare a starter today. He also hinted that Schaub is on a short leash and that the Texans might draft a QB, maybe in the first round. I don't think he says anything that he doesn't get fed to him, so these are the impressions I got from the chat.

Kubiak will get another chance.
    Smith will get another chance.
    Schaub will be replaced, either by Yates or a QB they draft next Spring.
    Keenum is still not ready and may not be ready next year either.

Those are my impressions, not direct quotes, but they fit McNair's MO like a glove.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kubiak hasn't ruled out making a change this week, as far as I know. He hasn't come out and said Schaub will be the starter.

He probably will be, but I do think it's interesting that he hasn't come out and said it yet. (that I know of)

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We will beat the Rams. Nevertheless, Yates should start as it will put us one step closer to Keenum. This year is not gone yet,...The defense will be a monster after afew more games and Case needs some time with the 1st.s.We can win the old fashioned way with big D, running the ball, and winning the turnover battle/ball comtrol.But I'm extremely skeptical that the powers that be will take such a proactive stance.

1 person likes this.
  12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Let's stop beating our qb down and cheer him on come Sunday!! Go Texans!!

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You guys DO realize that they are playing the Rams, right? I mean, the Rams stink on ice. They were b**** slapped by the the Cowboys' which had everybody up here making Super Bowl plans. Of course, the Cows subsequently went out and got beat by San Diego & Denver which really put that game into its proper perspective.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

When was the last time Kubiak benched a starter? of course he isn't benching Schaub.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good, ride that ship down together. ****ing losers.

Gotta get better.
    It's on me.
    Gotta keep fightin'.
    Gotta keep battlin'.
    Gotta get it corrected.
    Gotta watch the film.
    Gotta get better.
    It's on me.
    Gotta keep fightin'.
    Gotta keep battlin'.
    I gotta be better for him.
    We gotta be better.
    It's on me.
    Gotta get it corrected.
    We gotta be better.
    Gotta keep fightin'.
    Gotta keep battlin'.
    Good kids, keep fightin'.

I believe in him, Frank Bush. He's a good kid at defensive coordinator.
    I believe in all of them.
    That Joe Marciano, he's a good kid as a ST coordinator. That kid has his kids fightin' on special teams. They may not be good but dag nabbit, those kids keep on fightin'.
    They're all good kids.
    I believe in him, Matt Schaub. He's a good 32 year old kid at quarterback.
    He's been in this league a long time because he's a good kid.
    Good kids deserve multiple chances.
    Startin' him Sunday against the Rams because he's a good kid, who battles and fights and keeps on battlefightin'. He may lose the game but man, he keeps on fightin'.
    He's a strong kid. Strong, strong kid. Puts all that fan noise behind him. Fights hard, keeps on battlin' despite the fans callin' for his head and that's all I can ask from him.
    As long as he is a good kid, I'm gonna keep him at quarterback.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

If I never hear another of Kubiak's boring and pathetic platitudes it would be too soon. He is like a tape recording played over and over and over. Not only do we have to witness a talented group of players led by a dysfunctional duo, we have to listen to endless rationalizations. I would love to be the owner for a day; I would so "clean house."

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I find myself rooting for Matt Schaub to either do really well or suck really bad.

The worst possible outcome would be for us to barely win this game with Schaub throwing in another mediocre performance. How much longer can this regime be held hostage by its vanilla coaching and playcalling?

18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

What if Schaub throws 2 INTs, no pick 6's, and Texans end up beating the Rams.

Is Schaubs performance acceptable to you???

19. SuraGotMadHops

I know he's been struggling, but Schaub has shown nothing but class throughout all of the booing, jersey burning, and home stalking the past few weeks. I hope he turns this thing around.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No. I have already given up on Matt Scrub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.