1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Scrimmage] 6-part video, 22 min on NBA.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Jul 11, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Liked what i saw from our three rooks, Lamb, Jones and White. Although, White needs to work on jumpshooting, like all the time. If anyone noticed, he had an open jumper, but chose to drive to the basket and dish it off. In the league, defenders are going to back off and give him that shot. He needs to start shooting that.
    Also, i like what i saw from Diamon Simpson, Leuer, Machado(nice), Fortson(still needs handles. If not for that, he would be a steal), Dragic and Jerai Grant(hops).

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Looks like Parsons added some weight to his frame.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't like the idea of Lamb at the point. He isn't fast enough to guard PG's. I see him subbing at the three mostly.

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Typo? Lamb may not be Rondo quick, but you want the least 'physical' rookie we have bumping with NBA 3's? I think he could eventually sub in with a small ball line up, but he'd get torn apart.

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Hoping Parsons can consistently knock down his jumpshots.

6. acjeitherocket

Manny Harris aint too bad

7. CertifiedTroll

Lamb is a shooting guard.. why pg or sf?

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He makes them when it matters

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cP0ToApjpWY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cP0ToApjpWY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to give some of you guys props for recognizing who is doing what out there. I watched the first 3 vids but never figured out who a few people were.

10. val_modus

val_modus Member

Lamb looked AWFUL

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think Parson's was giving it a full effort in this scrimmage but then again the focus is for the rookies to play well and collectively develop into better players so its not too important for everyone to be dominating and playing lock down D right now in practice, while it wouldn't hurt.

Sucks seeing Courtney Lee in that video, just reminds me of the effort he's put into playing the last two seasons. Wish we could resign him but as it stands now we can't resign him at all. Who knows if we can actually swing a deal for Dwight/Bynum and somehow move Kmart (expiring) as well, I'd love to resign Lee. He's better suited on a team that has a more developed core as opposed to our 8 PF's anyways.

12. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Loved Fortson pushing the ball.. good shots too (barring some atrocious lay ups), same with Lamb.

Royce didnt do much but man is he big.. If he can improve his agility watch out SF's
    Can't wait till Motie can play, I wanna see what he can against Leuer

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Did they scrimmage yesterday still waiting to see Motiejunas

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I was wondering about that conversation as well...

I couldn't understand who they were talking about, but it was Feigan and Friedman talking about someone who looked really good in one on ones and they couldn't understand why his playing time got cut... I was tempted to ask Jason to see whom they were speaking of...

still watching vid #2 - darn work causing me to take forever to watch and listen to everything

I do love summer league action... it's a little like basketball Christmas in July! :)

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

if the black guy with the black jersey/white undershirt was manny harris.. then im starting to like manny harris.

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

machado looked really good out there. tomorrow is a big day for all of us.

17. tarheelz

tarheelz Member

Impressed with machado...excited to see what happens with tjones over the next couple years (also curious if he plays PF or SF or more of a stretch forward)...hoping we keep tjones and lamb if this Dwightmare ends up happening...would much rather develop our players like a few guys have commented before me and build over time rather than taking over a bunch of contracts and becoming the Houston Magic...