1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scotto "Grizzlies may be using the 4th pick to get rid of Parsons"...can/should we explore this?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivi, Jun 14, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

So not funny at all?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

jsingles likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Think about it this way...

- 24/25 per year, a little bit more than Anderson
    - meanwhile you swap Anderson for someone who would actually play (Bazemore)
    - not my money :D
    - and you get the 4th pick

Lol

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But his contract comes off the books in two years!!!! Lol

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’m perfectly familiar with the skit.

6. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Sorted by Maximum Cap Space

Team

Maximum
    Cap Space

LA Lakers

$ 59,071,792

Indiana

$ 54,436,468

Sacramento

$ 53,316,783

Dallas

$ 53,080,194

Chicago

$ 41,402,842

Atlanta

$ 40,610,530

LA Clippers

$ 36,937,244

Philadelphia

$ 31,113,820

If I'm Indiana or Sac, I would do this. They need all the young talent they can get since not many people will sign with them.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't know why they just go ahead and break it down, completely by trading Gasol and Conley. That way they can be bad for few years and get some young talent in there. By the time, Parsons's contract expires in they should have a few quality to possibly all-star level players for being bad two years in row. Then, they've got crazy cap space. Keep the 4th pick and tank by trading Gasol to a contender or to a team that can offer some good draft picks-same for Conley.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I assume it would make sense as we'd be acquiring the 4th pick. It just makes ZERO sense for the Grizzlies to trade the 4th pick to what amounts to 8 million dollars of savings in the next 2 years by switching from parsons to anderson.

saleem and bulkatron like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, with this core they're done anyway, i respect their will to compete, but i don't see how they can really improve enough at this point.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wonder how our resident Grizz fan what is taking all of this in

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wow, using the 4th overall pick just to get rid of Parsons is so dumb. The Grizzlies need an infusion of young talent, and they have the opportunity to get a young piece with high potential. They’re gonna give that up? Smh, dumb, very dumb...

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Terrible idea... that contract is awful...

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Los Angeles Clippers.

14. MD_in_Training

Giving up the #4 pick in this draft is as dumb as signing Portions in the first place. You can legit draft a Doncic, Trae Young, or Michael Porter with that pick, and hope that they're a cornerstone type of player.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

the whole point of tanking this year was to get that top 5 pick. Why would they sacrifice their tanking to shed parsons lmao.

This makes no sense. If they are bad theyll just eat parsons contract or buy him out and keep their young talent. If anything they should be trading conley/ gasol and exploring those options to get actual assets and keep costs lower while they are bad.

16. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

They want to move back a few spaces while getting rid of parsons.

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Memphis wont trade the 4 pick with parsons unless it gets them back young talent with high upside.

Its just not worth it. A pick that high is just too valuable. I think this is all conjecture and they will just wait out parsons contract and use their own pick.

18. BackdoorHarden

Lakers traded #2 pick overall just to get rid of Timmy, so this wouldn't be the first time someone traded a high draft pick just to dump salary

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

because that #2 pick was D’angelo Russell...nice offensive talent with garbage defense and terrible leadership qualities

Who thinks D-Lo will be a star or franchise player? The Grizz would be giving up their chance to possibly get 1 of those in this draft just to get rid of Parsons? They’d be making a mistake just to get rid of a previous mistake.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You know what would be absolutely nuts?

It won't happen but if Ainge trades Hayward for Parsons and the 4th pick. Haha. That would be so ridiculous. They can assume they don't need Hayward considering they made the conference finals without him. Bring back same team with the addition of playoff Kyrie, the 4th pick and they're sitting on Sacramento's pick next year (as long as its not number 1) as well as Memphis' (if its later than 9 which is definitely possible if Conley and Hayward are healthy.)