1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoreboard Watching

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread can be the place to find out which teams we should pull for and against every week so that the Texans can end up with the best playoff position possible - hopefully with homefield throughout the playoffs.

Sort of a Texans version of the official NFL thread.

This week's relevant games (with preferred winner bolded):

Pittsburgh at Tennessee - felt weird pulling for the t***, but they aren't going anywhere and we don't need Pittsburgh sneaking into the playoff mix
    Dallas at Baltimore - it will feel very weird pulling for the cowboys, but that's what we gotta do for obvious reasons. HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!
    Cincinnati at Cleveland - keep the Bengals down where they belong
    Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets - Colts going nowhere, we need Jets to continue their free-fall
    New England at Seattle - we should pull hard for Seattle, obviously. it will likely come down to Houston and NE for homefield so every game counts for both teams
    Denver at San Diego - guess we should pull for Denver here since we have the tie-breaker and they have the worst record of the 2

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm also rooting against the 49ers everygame from here on out...

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Disagree about Indy. Hard to tell what kind of team they really are, but they could easily be 8-5 when we meet them for the first time later in the year, which could potentially be within striking distance of Houston. I'd rather not have that. Therefore, I'm rooting for NYJ on Sunday.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'll pull for the Jets over Indy...The Jets dont scare me at all...but the development of Luck worries me a bit. They've beaten the Vikings and the Packers...and this is a team that was the worst in the NFL last season. They are making progress.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Indy is the closest thing to competition for the division title. It makes it worse that the Texans play them twice at the end of the season. If they win this week they'll be 3-2 and their schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way.

The jets are pretty much done as far as playoffs are concerned.

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Yeah Luck went to my highschool and from following him closer than a normal fan from then to now I can say that we should be rooting against the Colts. Luck is smart and will be quick to develop. I'm worried about our secondary down the line(if somebody important back there goes down we are screwed) and if we meet them later in the season defending the pass might pose more of an issue.

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't live my life in fear. I wanted Jordan in 95. I wanted the Sonics in 94 & 95. I don't watch scoreboards trying to pee-pee game my team into a playoff victory. Here I am, here I stand - come and get me mother****ers. That's my stance.

1 person likes this.
  9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Amen, Ziggy. There were a handful, myself too, who were dreading the Colts getting another stellar QB talent when last season started and it was clear they were tanking. After a while, I realized the Texans now aren't built to counter any team; it's built to do it's thing and have other teams react and try to stop them.

10. ima_drummer2k

Wanting your team to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs is living life in fear? :confused:

EDIT: Not sure if you're referring to the talk about the Colts or the thread in general. Scoreboard watching is kind of a normal thing to do when your team is vying for a good playoff spot.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

even before last night's game, the only teams that mattered on this list were BAL and NE. The Texans must be head and shoulders above the rest come end of season, or something has seriously gone wrong

So I'm pulling for DAL and SEA (and actually picked both anyway in pick 'em leagues this week) and the rest will come down to fantasy players for me

12. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Does anyone know the price range of playoff tickets? I recently paid 230.00 for 100 level tickets against the Colts. Can I expect to pay the same for playoff tickets? Assuming I get them when they first become available. Just wanna make sure I make room in my budget. Thanks!

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I stopped reading there.

US root for another team??? SRSLY!?!?!!? :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NO.

Next you'll want us to root for the mother crackin' Cowgirls... :rolleyes:

We don't need to do that. That's for LOSER fans. Texans will take care of their business, and if they don't, it's their own fault. NAY for depending on other teams.

14. ima_drummer2k

Obviously...

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

dude, he burned you!

16. today

today Contributing Member

ima_drummer2k: It's a valid thread, don't let them get to you. I've enjoyed rooting against NE, Baltimore and Pittsburgh so far this year.

Then when we face them in the playoffs (hopefully HOST them), I'll have seen quite a few of their games and feel like I know them. Looking forward to Baltimore next week!

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

let's not cheer for the result that gives the Texans the biggest advantage. :rolleyes: really?

i agree with everything you posted Ima except IND. like other posters have said, they've beaten a couple of quality teams and Luck is looking real good. with an easy schedule coming up, i can see them vying for the wild card.

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

reminds me of fantasy football.. people rooting for teams / players they would never root for normally.

1 person likes this.
  19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

YES, let's NOT. Why do you have to worry about other teams? Stop depending on other teams. You do your own job and that's it.

And to top it off, you want me to follow the DUCKING TALLAS FEAM. :rolleyes: <- there's a rolleyes for you. Really? Cheer for those, emmeffers? Yeah, NO.

1 person likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Nonsensical tough guy. I want the Texans to have home field advantage. I'd rather they have homefield advantage than prove how tough they are by having to win on the road. I don't think any less of the Rockets because the Sonics couldn't get past the Nuggets or the Bulls couldn't beat anyone without a power forward. If the Ravens can't beat the Cowboys, tough for them.