1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola or Patterson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Better for our team?

1. Luis Scola

71 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Patrick Patterson

155 vote(s)
    68.6%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

...but no defense.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We had Yao and a better defense then.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This thread is not about trading anyone. It just turned into that. Nothing wrong with bringing Scola off the bench.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Wow, guys, I'm pretty surprised at these results... I love me some PatPat, but it's way too early for us to want him to take Scola's spot.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

^^^
    Also, to add to this, since Scola is suffering from some out-of-sight-out-of-mind with some people on this board after the last few games, just remember that Scola was balling during that 5-game win streak we went on just a little while ago. And our team was playing pretty solid defense during that streak, too.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Come on.

Utah just happened to be one of the worst match ups for Scola and he's obviously not fully recovered.

But look at the entire season, Scola is the most reliable scoring threat for Rockets down the stretch in close games, and his defense isn't as bad as fans are saying now. His man to man defense is poor, but his help defense is good. And he hustles. Overall, Scola is a big asset to Rockets when he's healthy and fresh. Consistent 20/10 guy earlier in the season before facing more and more double teams.

Yes PP has a few very nice games and he has huge potential, but his points are still coming from putbacks and other plays setting up for him. He normally can't create for himself. At this moment, Scola still should be the choice on most nights.

7. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

The only thing Millsap have is he is younger, but he is not build block player. He is a roll player who hustle. in the same amount of minutes Scola score more and rebound more while having about the same FG%. Scola offensively have more go to move and really clutch. They both hustle.

In the defensive end Millsap have the edge but not enough to declare him a better player. Millsap is an underside power forward who hustle but any good post player with size will eat his lunch, he is better than Scola but he is not that good defensibly as his hustle indicate.

BTW Millsap is playing at his max potential. I don't see getting any better. unless he grow a couple on inches he will be what he is an undersized hustle type of player who is good as a roll player.

A clear example is Boozer, a bad defender but have more impact in the game than Millsap have even if the team defense is improve.

8. HookemHorns1250

I believe they should continue to start Scola, and let Patterson come off the bench. However, I'd treat it as Rick does to Martin at times. If Scola is having an off game, allow Patterson to finish the game. If Scola was hot to start off, allow him to finish it.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Scolatterson!!

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Scola is now major trade bait. Patterson is younger, and has the all around game this team needs.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Scola is the starter, but he's just holding Patterson's spot for another year or so. Eventually, the Rockets will/should trade Scola to free up Patterson for starter minutes. He's developing into a much cheaper PF that can have just as much effect on the game as Scola does.

I don't see Scola finishing his contract here in Houston.

12. worzel gummidge

the youth movement brigade have been campaigning for scola to be traded for quite some time.

2pat is the new aaron brooks without having to put a 20ppg seasion. comparing him to all star/franchise players after two games against sub-par or injured teams :eek:

13. worzel gummidge

that is comparable to the "oh, but he's not not a hard worker" criticism for other players, ie blindly accepted.

14. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

At this moment, Patterson, just because scola is coming off injury. Still love me some ice cream man though, possibly homo.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which one looks best next to D Howard :D

Rocket River

16. carib

carib Member

I think Patterson should get more playing time, however Scola is our only reliable low posts threat. I think down the stretch if Chuck Hayes if having a poor night offensively I would play both Patterson and Scola in the front court. Scola with his low posts moves and Patterson with his mid range game will give our team more offensive capabilities. Then bringing the Chuck wagon when we need some defensive stops.

17. srrono

srrono Member

lol already

3 good games and now Pat needs to be over Scola give pat some time to delope doesnt need to start yet

18. dartherus

dartherus Member

Totally agree.

It's incredible how underrated Scols STILL IS.

Eben after awful PPat games, I read fans cheering him and bashing Scola. I don;t know, perhaps they have a man-crush with Ppat?

I see a similar scenario to what happened when Scola and Landry shared minutes at PF spot.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not right now but after this season is over and we trade Scola to get that center or Superstar we need? Then its time.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No, Scola is the Aaron Brooks of this team. Many people thought we had a good team coming into the season with Brooks, Martin, and Scola's great offensive games to carry us, but never factored in their horrid defense.

Patterson is the new Lowery.