1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola on NBATV Thurs vs. USA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston-in-LA, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

you would love to have that a/h on your team!

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about Aaron Brooks?

And as far as Francis goes,I'd imagine your going to see him playing more 2 than 1.......as a role player.The guy is NOT guarranteed a starting spot by any means.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Man I can't wait to see Scola play with some other players who can actually ball, even though he hasn't played much in this game, the guy is legit...no doubt about it...the guy is quick and tricky....he over did it on D...

For those that say he's too slow.....please :rolleyes: ....he's gonna be damn good, perfect for the PF position and a perfect compliment to Yao.

4. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Hopefully, the NBA refs won't treat Scola like they at times have treated other international players who at first come in to play in the NBA. In seasons past, NBA refs have been known to not give incoming international players calls or will sometimes make more calls against them than against american players.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

cmon now we have to see aaron brooks playing REAL competition v. NBA players for more than a few games in the summer league and few scrimmages v. the US team. i just don't think we can afford to have a rookie contribute so quickly (i don't consider scola a rookie)

francis and james i think are a lil more mature and understand the game more than brooks right now. and we have to go w/ them b/c they're veterans. until one of the sucks, then we go to brooks.

francis will only play 2 guard if we play a REALLY small lineup w/ tmac at SF and either james or francis at PG/SG or brooks at PG.

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

they are going to get him on those moving picks he sets, but he is smart - he will make the necessary adjustments to play in the nba.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

scola better be fine. can't afford any injuries. next yr should be injury-free.

lots of rockets talk today.

walton dissed francis and bonzi. praised scola. and now talking about hayes/tracy/yao

8. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

a bit of a scare there.... glad scola got up

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

walton dissing JVG.

and i agree w/ walton. JVG focused too much on D and effort. that ain't gonna work.

10. scola

scola Member

bad, bad, BAD game for Argentina... I hope we have another chance in the final. :)

11. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

walton, you can have rafer, smoke joints together, and listen to grateful dead music!

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

scola is such a professional player. he will earn the refs' respect. he doesn't seem to be a whiner like "some" foreign playerse.

13. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

they will definitely meet again in the final, but usa will still win, just maybe not a blowout.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What are Luis' stats like right now?

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

man scola, when he had his 1-on-1 chances, is schooling howard and amare. my goodness, those 2 are such god-awful individual defenders. they've been OWNED all tournament.

16. Fuse

Fuse Member

I'm here hoping that scola could just get his 4/5 foul so that he doesn't risk injury playing against the US.

17. scola

scola Member

14 pts (with high %) and 4 fouls... thats all I know :p

He is having a good game.

If only we could start nailing some threes... (2/15 3pts until now)

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

have to agree on this one, they get taken by the fake so easily...

Scola I think has 13 - 15 pts and 8 rbs....but that's on my count :D

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

nice d on kobe from scola. and another nice play on d from scola against james.

20. G Rat

G Rat Member

He knocked down Scola once throwing an elbow, then he has an offensive foul on another Argentina player and both times, he was a jerk about it, no helping the player up or anything. Just kind of struck me as acting like a punk.