1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola on NBATV Thurs vs. USA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston-in-LA, Aug 28, 2007.

1. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

Well it is offseason, and Scola is the only one having some action and he is new. Of course we should have so many threads on him!!!

2. BobbyLI

BobbyLI Member

lools like we all have high hopes on scola

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Show me any other player the Rockets have not named Rafer who has some news worthy actions at this time.

4. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

does that mean that a new thread has to be started for everything that dude does in the fiba americas championship? i am saying there are too many repetitive threads for 1 player. :D

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think most people realize and are excited about the fact that this guy is going to help fill the giant hole at PF that has existed for eons.Yes,we're hungry for hoops,but I also believe that alot of us feel that our title window could very well be wide open.

It's on!

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is there some other Rockets news item you feel is getting under-exposed on this board? If not, who cares if there's a ton of Scola coverage? It's certainly better than nothing.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My respect for the international clubs and national teams outside of the NBA has gone up tremendously, but you take the 4 best teams in the Western Conference, come playoff time, and they're going to beat any team outside the NBA, in my opinion. The problem, as has been pointed out, is the ever increasing number of foreign players on the top NBA teams. You remove them, and those teams (depending on the team) are weakened. Having said that, I still believe the top NBA teams would win out. Our problem tends to be not really sending a team to top international competition. We better wake up and smell the coffee, if we want to take the gold in the Olympics. The US needs to have some serious practice time and dedicated players to win. It just isn't a walkover any longer.

8. Coca Cola Scola

Not bad? That's f'ing great.

9. Fuse

Fuse Member

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think Duncan/Brand struggled because of the team's construct, as opposed to their individual abilities. I think they will have a much larger impact if they were in today's team.

I'm not suggesting that international players, even with fundamentals are capable of beating Amare/Howard - their raw physical abilities allow them to compensate for their other deficiences. However, if you look at the so called elite big men coming into the league, a lot of them are very one dimensional and raw in footwork and variety in their game when compared to their counterparts on the international scene. I mean, I find it disturbing that Howard can't even hit a free throw to save his life and these are one of the most basic things in basketball.

Having said that, its only my opinion and in no way am I suggesting this is a fact.

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

I just hope with all this talent we don't turn into the equivalent of the band ASIA which was stocked with superstar talent but wrote some good but pretty weak ass melodies.

11. AGBee

AGBee Member

Don't you EVER speak an unkind word about Asia!