1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola: "It’s going to be an emotional game for me."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

Two more years.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

scola pls keep your emotion in check and suck a little bit when you play us

3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

"It’s going to be an emotional game for me."

Translation: "I'll do my best to drop 50 on them."

4. SeabrookMiglla

scola has some of the most impressive post moves i have ever seen, and he is a work horse who puts up consistent numbers. he was always an anchor for the rockets and would hardly miss a game.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think D-Mo will have a big game. Scola is his basketball idol.

6. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

One of the coolest up and under ice-cream man scoop lay-ups and deadly mid range shooting pf in the world (fiba -nba)

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

We will have to go small to have any chance at all. If we play our bigs against Luis, he will go off for a career night while fouling all our bigs out. Make him guard on the perimeter.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I love that guy so hard.

Him and the Chuck-wagon are my 2 favorite former Rockets.

Him and Asik would make the smartest, least athletic, awkward, pale, best groomed frontcourt in all the land.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Scola on this squad would have been incredible. Hit open jumpers, lots of boards, a legit post player.

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

can the suns just waive him so we can pick him up like brooks? i miss this guy already. he woulda went off in this lineup next to asik.

11. Ultimate6thMan

Man with that look, he could star on Spartacus as a gladiator! lol

Scola was great, hated to see him leave even with his lack of defense or rebounding sometimes.

If would be great if he could play backup 4 for us because he would definitely give up some low post scoops that would make us that much more deadly on offense.

12. ashiin

ashiin Member

I'm in Phoenix right now and I'll be watching the game tonight. It's going to be crazy watching all the Rockets and Former Rockets players playing.

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

Also a legitimate defensive liability though.

Still, I heart Scola.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The Phoenix Rockets

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Defensive liability?? And Dmo isn't? PPatt wasn't??

I'm not saying we should have Scola on our team, but the whole "defensive liability" thing is out the window for Scola.

We're already one of the worst defenses in the NBA..

16. conquistador#11

coach is using him wrong in phoenix!
    miss luifa, although last year playing center in the 4th was not a sight to see.

17. pass_to_Hakeem

^^^^^ sad really because the Rockets could desperately use his low post scoring. He and Asik working down low together (would of been pretty near to watch). He runs the court well too. I think HOU may have jumped the gun on releasing him .. oh we'll that's my opinion at least. He was/is a hard working, intelligent low post threat .. No defense but like that's anything surprising on this squad

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

one of my fav players.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Aaron Brooks and Greg Smith as well.

20. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It is very touching. I always liked Scola, still do. No matter how critical you are with your players at times, once they left, all you can remember are the good things they did for you. In Scola's case, he ONLY did good thing for the Rockets.

We were lucky that Spurs found him and didn't have a spot for him. He was a big part of our first round playoff success after so many years. We still painfully miss a 4 who can rebound and spread the floor with mid-range jumpers and some nice post moves. If we had had him a few years back, we probably would have made a trip or two to the conference finals. That's why I am hoping we can get David West or Millsap, instead of going after the high maintenance Howard or super high risky Bynum.

I know he's 32, but can we get him back for cheap, since Suns are likely to rebuild?

It will be emotional for the players and fans, to return to an arena where both sides have very fond memories for each other.

I will never forget the scene of the first game Steve Francis returning to the Toyota Center as a Magic. Yao Ming made a free throw, Steve stepped up so naturally, and obviously ready to give the big fella a high five. He then realized how silly it was, and stopped abruptly, then scratched his head. That was a sad moment.

As much as I like Scola, we are still going to mop the floor with the Suns tonight. But it will be challenging for our 4, to stop the nifty old fox.