1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola does not want to get traded anywhere

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Jul 2, 2012.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I don't understand why some posters begrudge Scola his money. He earned it and then some with his play, his passion and his perseverance. A paint warrior with heart, footwork and shooting skills is needed to lead the young Rocket PFs out of the wilderness. So, who could be a better mentor than Scola?

IMO, the Rockets are stronger and more feisty with El Skol!

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Don't trade the heart and soul of the team... Don't do it. :(

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I really hope Lowry and Martin are shipped out. I'm OK with trading Scola, but if we have to keep one of these guys, I hope it's Scola. It would be good to have a veteran PF on team. Lowry and Martin are unhappy, so I think it would be a bad thing to have them stay. One thing I know, if Scola gets traded he won't make a fuss. He'll go to his new team and be a great team player.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He should know by now that he's nothing more than an expendable asset in the eyes of Morey.

5. acjeitherocket

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Really hope Scola can stay somehow... one of my favorite all time Rockets, gives it his all every single night. I wonder if he could rework his contract to earn less money if he wants to stay that badly? Didn't Andre Johnson take less money to open up cap room for the Texans.

7. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

If you trade Scola, i will blow your car with ur ass inside Morey.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

He ain't going nowhere.

9. HorneR

HorneR Member

I really will miss the guy. One of my favorite Rockets of all-time, both as a player and as a general personality.

I wish him the best, but unfortunately it's just about time for us to move on.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree, thumbs, although it isn't a popular view in some circles today. Having said that, I'll always be on board for a trade that clearly improves the team going forward. Doesn't mean I have to like it, or that I have to agree with those chumps who feel the need to slam certain of our players simply because they seem "in the way."

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't cry for me Argentina
    The truth is I never left you
    All through my wild days
    My mad existence
    I kept my promise
    Don't keep your distance

12. pass_to_Hakeem

13. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I truly will miss him when he's gone, whether it's by trade or retirement etc.

14. Homey the Clown

Meh. Scola needs to go. The Rockets won't be contenders anytime soon. I hate to see players like him rot away on bad/mediocre teams.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luis exemplifies what it is to be a true pro and more importantly, a great person.....a winner if ever their was one.

All this is commiserate with how he's handling this situation.

While I hate to see the Ice Cream Man go, it appears the time has come.

Interesting how he mentioned later that he would be fine with going to the Lakers....Bynum or Gasol? Who are they after? I hope for the former, but fear the latter.

16. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

I wish we could keep him, and have him train DMO with his post moves and elbow shot....too bad he is too expensive and not a likely keeper....if only he could retire a rocket..i luv the ice cream man.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If only we could have one last beast mode activated. :(

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Clearly Scola doesn't understand his role as an asset. No matter you are a guard, a forward or a center, if you are an asset, you have to be ready to go to anywhere your GM requires you to go.

19. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm all for trading Scola, if and when we are finally out of the Howard trade saga. Until then, we should keep him.

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Scola and his contract need to go