1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SciFi Cinema] Ridley Scott's 'Alien: Covenant'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 24, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The great Bill Paxton, for your viewing pleasure.

wouldabeen23 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone read the comics? Apparently all this stuff like the Engineers, Weyland etc had lots of story lines.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I will watch Aliens again tonight to see what I think 20 years later. My original take was that Alien was better than Aliens, based on my agreement with slow build up, pacing, the unknown, and mystery. I'm also not generally drawn to military action films. But it's been a long time for me since I've seen them. Given that rotten has Aliens at 98% and it won like 7 oscars, I need to take a look again. Think prometheus had about 20 good minutes but after they landed on the planet it all fell apart, so it had potential, it looked good, but ultimately it took the internet hive for me to even try and assemble the plot of it and no movie should be that hard to figure out, or force me to try and figure out why the characters did what they did.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I liked the beginning 20 minutes of Pro as well. One of the best movie trailers I have ever seen too. That said, Ridley has been struggling for a while now. Thank the Darwin he isn't directing the Blade Runner sequel.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Make sure you watch the Director's cut version of Aliens. Ultimately I think they are both great movies but it comes down to personal preference since they are different genres. Horror vs Sci-Fi.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The original, I never saw the Spike Lee version. Why would I be pulling your leg? City of God is another movie I put in my top movies, does that suck also haha??

7. PanchoVilla3504

He also thinks Resurrection is good... sooo... yeah
    On a side note, I did enjoy Prometheus. But it was no where near as good as 1 or 2, or the director's cut of 3.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Dude, no version of that abomination that was Alien 3 is worth watching and the fact that you would bring that up to **** on my opinion destroys your credibility. Take your 82 post and go tell that pile of crap on bullshit mountain

9. Fantasma Negro

Nope, City of God was pretty good but I'm getting nauseous just thinking about Oldboy, that movie is a ****ing nightmare

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I always thought and felt the majority of folks considered "Aliens" to be the best film of the franchise. "Alien" was a great film but a completely different kind of film. I wonder if this franchise would have survived if the sequel to the original movie bombed/sucked? "Alien 3" wouldn't have saved the franchise obviously (as written) if the sequel before it bombed. It probably would have been the death dagger of the franchise. But, I suspect "Alien 3" would have been a completely different film if "Aliens" sucked. I don't think anyone, especially studio folks with the power, would have watched "Alien 3" and thought "this is definitely going to be a franchise saver".

11. PanchoVilla3504

Lol what do my amount of posts have anything to do with what we're taking about?

jae713 likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

I understand that people here don't like Prometheus, but according to Scott, this is definitely a sequel .
    I hope somehow we see humans vs engineers vs predator vs aliens

Fantasma Negro and peleincubus like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Predator trophies
    upper right = engineer helmet

[​IMG]

comics
    [​IMG]

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

How about you take your thousands of posts and donate/contribute to this glorious website?

15. conquistador#11

what about batman vs predator! and reboot it like 12 times in 8 years. $$$
    I'm one of the few that liked Prometheus even with all the gags. Every time it's on.I'll stop and watch. Definitely going to watch the sequel or whatever it is. five years later i'm still wondering why you'd mess with an alien cobra like creature when you were ready to gtfo just five minutes earlier.

[​IMG]

16. droxford

droxford Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and opinions aren't "right" or "wrong".

... except Fantasma Negro's, which is clearly wrong.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pls post 1080 p or at least 720 p

19. tinman

Supporting Member

lots of new stuff here

Deuce likes this.
  20. Snow Villiers