1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SciFi Cinema] Ridley Scott's 'Alien: Covenant'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 24, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I just hope this one is better than "Prometheus." That film was a major disappointment.

Travel across the galaxy(ies?) to some distant planet (which takes considerable time and cryosleep). On the first day there you don't find what you're looking for. You give up. Ensure more stilted dialogue and truncated storylines.

Lots of potential throughout that film but never realized. It was visually stunning, I'll give it that.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

well it's definitely a sequel to it based on the trailer I just posted above.
    Dr Shaw looks like she didn't make it

4. Fantasma Negro

I don't get why people didn't like Prometheus, it was what it said it was and nothing more. I think most people set expectations for something else and were disappointed based on their own expectations. I went into it with an open mind and I this it was pretty good. If you don't like Prometheus maybe you should watch Alien 2 & 3 just to get a taste of what suck really means but even those movie follow the exact same format, Science fiction ain't for everyone

Rodman23 and Obito like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

I definitely want to know what happened to Shaw and David, so I will be seeing this

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. val_modus

val_modus Member

Not sure about Shaw and David, but I think Fassbender plays the robot model David, who is supposed to look the same from model to model. So even if it's not that specific model that we saw in Prometheus, it'll still be Fassbender. It'll be interesting to see if those two come back at the end for a rescue, or even just a cameo.

7. PanchoVilla3504

Did you just say Aliens, one of the best sequels ever made, sucked?

RudyTBag and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I was curious also. That's a top 20-30 movie for me.

9. Buck Turgidson

Likes Prometheus, hates Aliens. He may be the only person on the internet who thinks that.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I hope there is a predator appearance

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer

In Predator: Fire and Stone, a physical fight between an experienced Predator and an Engineer shows the latter to be far stronger with it dominating the fight, shrugging off a plasma bolt and heavily wounding the predator, causing it to rely on its stealth tactics, equipment and the aid of a human to defeat the Engineer.[2]

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, what??? Bro...

12. Fantasma Negro

You guys liked the crap about the little girl and all the mushiness, have at it. IMO it sucked, I don't care who's list its on. 3 is the worst but 2 wasn't much better, it moved the story along and followed the format down to the black captain but its boring as crap. I've watched them all and will do it again right before the new one comes out but 1, 4, & Prometheus are the best in my opinion because my opinion is the only one that matters to me. Now some of you may have a difference of opinion and that's good for you

13. Fantasma Negro

Top 20? I'm afraid to ask what else is on that list

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Alien 4 better than Aliens? That will be true when Jupiter himself dangles **** from sky.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Apparently GOOD science fiction isn't for everyone. ;)

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

?!?!?!?!!??! "Aliens", one of the best action movies ever, SUCKED, but "Prometheus" was a good movie?

Dear God, please help this individual.

17. Fantasma Negro

Whatever you do with Jupiter's **** is between you and Jupiter. In MY OPINION it sucked, in YOUR OPINION it may be the greatest film ever made, but I (that's me) think it sucks. I am me and you are you and we don't think the same way and that's why we have a difference of opinion. Nothing you say will make me change my mind on a movie I've struggled to stay awake through more that five times just like no matter what I say you will still love the film, tomato- tom-ah-to

18. Fantasma Negro

Oh yes God in heaven come down and force me to watch a shitty sci-fi movie that I already hate just because everyone else likes it. Come on God, this is very important I must become a fan of Aliens so that I don't laugh so hard when they mention Newts death in Alien 3 as a complete afterthought. God, me liking this movie is more important than peace on earth or curing aids and killing cancer. God, its more important than easter egg hunts. I must sheep on everything that everyone else likes God. Come on God, help me be just like everyone else

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If I had to make a list some of them would include movies that made big impressions on me as I was growing up. Movies that I watched many times over and over with friends. Aliens 2 is number 66 in all time rankings on imdb's top 250 (right ahead of another movie that would be in my top 20 Oldboy) your hyperbole is laughable.

20. Fantasma Negro

Oldboy? Are you pulling my leg, that movie almost made me throw up. Original or Spike Lee version?