1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Science] Cosmic inflation: 'Spectacular' discovery hailed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BDswangHTX, Mar 17, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

god is just what people say when science hasn't reached the point of explaining it yet.

he keeps getting pushed back as science expands its understanding of the universe and eventually beyond.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wrong.

God is not pushing back. Maybe religion is, but God....lols

He's just now saying to herself,,,so y'all just now figured out my Big Bang.

Then he says. "Yeah, but have you figured out Tila Tequila, yet?"

"or, have you ever figured out how a frog could get a snake to deepthroat it...only I can make that happen."​

[​IMG]

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I would chose not to ruin a really good story with religious and scientific banter...This belongs in the hangout, and not the D/D. So for me to argue about the nuance of what I believe vs what you believe would be inappropriate...lets just celebrate this great moment in science for what it is...

2 people like this.
  5. Hmm

Hmm Member

he never submitted personal beliefs to counterbalance against yours... he spoke of science... which is not a belief... it's the exact opposite....

6. heypartner

I find it very ironic that the only thing both non-faith people and faith-based, people agree upon is that the Big Bang is not God's creation,,, "And then there was light." Like in a trillionth of a trillionth of a second.

btw: I believe in the findings described in the OP. It's really important to my faith that the conservation of energy is wrong.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I read all of this and I feel like you're all that guy in Breaking Bad at Jesse's house in season 4, skinny blonde dude snorting meth and talking non stop about stuff that was totally annoying. I don't understand like 35% of these words.

I think I watch too much Workaholics and IASIP while you guys are reading leather bound books.

8. fallenphoenix

i already understand what you believe. you belief science explains the blue prints of god's creation.

no?

i typed a bunch more but it got too into a D&D type discussion, so i'll leave it at that.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20rk3f/i_am_dr_randol_aikin_coauthor_and_collaborator_on/.compact

Reddit ama

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That's science.

11. Depressio

Reminds me of a Neil deGrasse Tyson quote:

"Does it mean, if you don’t understand something, and the community of physicists don’t understand it, that means God did it? Is that how you want to play this game? Because if it is, here’s a list of things in the past that the physicists at the time didn’t understand [and now we do understand] [...]. If that’s how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on - so just be ready for that to happen, if that’s how you want to come at the problem."

12. heypartner

boy, this thread is getting boring

Y'all,,,stop saying this proves God wrong, when we all used to laugh at the idea of a Big Bang being a religious science theory. Or, don't y'all remember those days.

And apparently, you believe science is always right, when you know that's not true.

I can use those words against you too... Fact is: You have faith in your belief in science. Don't use faith and belief against people, when that's all we got with science, too.

And that's a historical fact.

13. Depressio

Observable, repeatable evidence is out of the realm of faith. It's true whether you believe it or not.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

So many things wrong with this post.... You realize what you're saying with this post, yes...? That everything science has discovered, proven of our universe are but theories as valid as belief in a god... that only exist on the merit of faith...? Are you drunk...?

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

does that even NEED to be re-emphasized...?? the hell is wrong with these people....

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is such an idea called rational faith. Science is what allows us to banter over the internet thousands of miles away. When religion can produce the same effects, I will have the same "faith" that I do with science. Scienctific ideas have the ability to predicit. Do you think religion possess the same ability?

#76 fchowd0311, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  17. fallenphoenix

excellent quote, that's exactly what i was getting at.

heypartner, none of your posts have made any sense.

#77 fallenphoenix, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  18. Hmm

Hmm Member

Hey if a man tells me he heard god from a burning bush and from the top of a mountain.... I think it's just as reasonable to believe that to be true as it is to believe the sun is the center of our solar system... yunoseesimilarity...?

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Calm down bruh. You're gonna DD this ish and that place smells like a turd covered in burnt hair. I can only venture there after Clutch fumigates it.

20. Depressio

You'd think not, but clearly a large chunk of people still don't quite get the difference between faith and observable, repeatable, scientific fact. A failure of our education system, really.