1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sci-Fi Cinema] Hugh Jackman In Neill Blomkamp‘s 'Chappie'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 4, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just watched it. Not great but not terrible, just okay. Blomkamp needs to branch out a little bit with his stuff. He's starting to look like a one hit wonder with District 9.

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Only short coming with Elysium to me was that it looked like it had the potential to be an Epic movie, but it became more about a story of 1 guy and his dream of going to Elysium but still enjoyed it.

On Chappie, I warmed up to the girl character after awhile. I did like Chappie, what was unlikable about him? He's a robot trying to learn the ways of life and was being manipulated into doing bad things that he did not know were bad. Yeah, I didn't care about the lanky gangster guy with the bad hair cut but I don't think he was meant to be likable.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

5.5/10. It wasn't terrible but feels like I wasted 2 hours.

The emotional strings did not pull me. Completely missed the mark there.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Agree with Elysium. It felt like it was trying to be something more than it actually turned out to be.

Chappie the robot was just fine. He was about the only thing I could root for in that movie. Yolandi was ok I guess. But all the other humans were so completely selfish that I didn't care what happened to them. Yet the movie I felt was trying to establish some type of emotional connection to them.