1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schoolgirl fan of Barak Obama shot by Taliban!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Oct 9, 2012.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CBS news...

Tribune...

NY Times...

This news is Absolutely dreadful.

Edit: Took out references to Obama and the war against the Taliban to focus on the tragic shooting of Malala Yousafzai along with the dreadful treatment of women in the sub continent and not turn this thread into a derailed political peeing contest.

#1 IzakDavid13, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. IzakDavid13

Reporter Lara Logan brings ominous news from Middle East

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ok first off. It says Pakistan. The taliban can be found in Afghanistan, but they have a base in Pakistan and were supposed to have been created by the ISI for protection aghainst India.

Second, this stuff makes my blood boil to a level not many things can. Kill every ****ing one of them. These guys hold an entire people hostage and hinder the generation. They deserve to crawl on the filthiest areas of the earth.

It may sound easier said than done, but there needs to be a wide, full out assault holding nothing back against these ****ers. I actually know a Pakistani girl who told me her cousin had to have their medical school closed because of a taliban threat.

Alot of these areas aren't governed, but when their bull**** leaks out to the rest of the said country, it is the government's responsibility to tear them up.

The only reason the pakistani govt hasn't gotten rid of them is because they don't want them gone.
    Again, this isn't the afghan war. Its very easy to acknowledge our failure when overlooking the fact that our resources were diverted to a hell hole that had nothing to do with the war on terror when we invaded Iraq.

It is unfair to blame solely Obama for this.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

So a girl dies in the Swat Valley in Pakistan, and you turn it into a massive diatribe about Afghanistan. You do realize those are separate countries.

Not that the two countries aren't linked but the rise of the Pakistani Taliban has more to do with the ISI and the failures of the Pakistani government than it does with the Afghan war.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Blaming Obama for Afghan illiteracy, average life expectancy, sexual assaults, violence in schools, forced marriages, and the rate of women dying at childbirth. That's awesome.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Since when was Obama the ruler of Pakistan?
    How is any of this his fault? Sorry for being in existence I guess?

7. IzakDavid13

Edit added to clarify.

8. geeimsobored

And your edit is incorrect. They didn't just waltz in. The Pakistani taliban are a Pakistani creation. They've been there since before the collapse of Afghanistan. Those were Taliban from Pakistan with support from within Pakistan (both from the government and private sources) to fight a proxy war in Afghanistan on behalf of those who were funding them.

They later turned on the Pakistanis after Musharraf decided to join the US in cracking down on the Taliban in Pakistan.

This has nothing to do with Obama. The seeds of discontent in regards to the Pakistani taliban date back to the initial invasion and the decision by the Pakistani army to crack down on Taliban sanctuaries in Pakistan.

This is an internal struggle at this point and isn't really connected to Afghanistan anymore. Even if we withdrew everything from Afghanistan today, the Pakistani taliban will still be fighting to overthrow the Pakistani government.

Unless you are suggesting that we should never have invaded Afghanistan (which is basically the only scenario that would have avoided pissing off the Pakistani taliban) then this problem was inevitable.

1 person likes this.
  9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

How come you never post about Australian issues?

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What are Australian issues

Kangaroo overpopulating farms?

The only Australian issue I've heard of is an angry Muslim guy yelling at the customers at KFC for ordering Bacon

11. IzakDavid13

1. I have and I do.
    2. We are in Afghanistan, fighting the Taliban, as part of the coalition.
    3. Australians usually don't shoot little girls in the face for wanting an education.
    4. A little girl gets shot and instead of adding anything to the thread on that subject, you make a veiled pre emptive attack on me by questioning my posting preferences.

What are your views on the thread topic?

Here is an Australian thread, just for you...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=223181

12. IzakDavid13

13. geeimsobored

Oh come on. Claiming the moral high ground when you took a death in PAKISTAN to make a cheapshot about Obama and American policy in Afghanistan and then crying foul when someone questions your incessant need to post silly things like this.

Your facts about the Swat Valley and the Pakistan taliban are filled with inaccuracies and falsehoods.

Your map is a joke too. So according to your map, Balochistan which is the historical home of the Balochi people is part of some Pashtun homeland. (The Balochis are pretty much fighting a civil war with Pashtuns there right now) Not to mention traditional tribal areas of non-Pashtuns are thrown in there as well. Its funny that you talk about arbitrary colonial boundaries in the region and procede to post a map with arbitrary boundaries.

Bottom line, you took a girl's death and used it to make a nonsensical cheap shot about President Obama.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

the only utopia in the world founded by criminals???

No in all seriousness, I love aussies, especially the girls. Hottest girls I have ever seen, great actresses, and great actors too.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What animals. They put a fourteen year old girl on a hitlist for sharing her diary. For wanting better education.

1 person likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I thought she had died, she is in critical condition. Hopefully she pulls through, but with this sort of swelling I doubt she could make a 100% recovery and will have some neurological deficits. Hopefully this moves the paki government to do something as it has drawn international attention.

17. geeimsobored

Just looked it up and it appears you are correct. The next few days will determine her recovery. So hopefully that goes well

18. TISNF

TISNF Member

Yeah I'm no expert on warfare or anything, but wouldn't the Taliban realize they just made a martyr out of attempting to kill this outspoken activist? Surely this will either turn people away or distance themselves from supporting the Pakistani Taliban (within Pakistan at least), no?

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Guys, this is a serious issue. If you want to discuss Australia, start a dedicated thread.