1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub the ELITE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Flacco's like 4 or 5 years younger than Schaub. The 'wait and see' angle at this point is precarious at best.

Some people once defended Carr to the death as well. I don't know, it's odd.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

3. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

we went to the playoffs and won a game with our 3rd string rookie qb and won a game.

tj freaking yates basically did what matt schaub just did this past year.

imagine if they actually made a concerted effort to find a replacement, draft accordingly, and give said replacement same chance they did to schaub.

Like i said, look at all the success these young qbs are having. You can win with a rookie qb in todays nfl.

Finding a qb to replace our mediocre nfl qb is not difficult.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Or... 3.5 years. And (IIRC) they've made the same number of career starts.

No one can, nor is anyone trying to defend Schaub's collapse. But this idea that the collapse has retroactively painted his career as mediocre is annoying. You can make a strong case he's the wrong guy without resorting to "He's always been bad."

#1824 Hey Now!, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No one is saying he has always been bad
    but that he will always be mediocre

IMO, He is only slightly better than Sage
    The only difference is . . . One felt he had to do something extraordinary to get a whiff of the starters job . . .so he made mistakes
    while
    the other knew he didn't have to do isht to get and keep the starters job beyond NOT BEING DAVID CARR.

Rocket River

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not sure it is Kubiak or Schaub or both, but I really hope they find the courage to take some risks.

As I watched Joe Flaco audible on 3rd and inches in the Super Bowl all I could do was sigh and think Matt would never do that - and he would run Foster into a 10 man wall of beef.

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

omg, it's DD. there's a difference between "can't" and "not allowed". i think it's the latter and on Kubiak. i have no doubt in my mind Schaub's smart enough to audible. and Kube's said it himself on air that the audible is very limited.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

CORRECT. I've been saying this to people... it's not THAT type of offense.

YEAP. :rolleyes: DD is going to come back with something else not accepting your answer, and it will go on and on and this thread will become a discussion about DD.

F#$&(... what am I doing... :( ?

1 person likes this.
  9. msn

msn Member

Oh, it hurts! It hurts!! I had no idea finishing was important. Thank you, thank you (with tears!!!) for enlightening me.

can't take a joke. duly noted. for the record, my "man crush" for a QB would be Peyton Manning circa five and ten years ago. Oh, and Joe Montana in his prime.

...and here we go again. anyone who doesn't see things exactly the way you do is unable to come to his senses and see "the facts". because that's the *only* plausible explanation for thinking differently from *you*, right? grow the hell up. for heaven's sake, my post was mostly tongue-in-cheek in the first place.

damn straight. because, if we don't get some of those first eleven wins, we still magically make the playoffs, right? regular season games don't matter! what a tired, stupid argument.

This may very well be the case. Those last six games were just brutal. I hope that's not the case, but you may be right on this.

10. msn

msn Member

dude, I am hoping for another epic tete-a-tete between you two where you gloss one another as "DaDark One" and "Swollen Dorito" again. so very entertaining. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is why I said I was not sure if it was Kubiak or Schaub.

If Schaub is not allowed to audible, you would have to wonder why, is it that Kubiak doesn't trust him, or that he doesn't trust anyone?

Both would mean a problem that still needs to be fixed before the team can reach it's peak, IMO.

DD

12. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Ok first off, I spoke to you as calmly as possible. So how bout you calm your a*& down, and you grow up. You have your point of view and i have mine. In regards to those first 11 wins, they were great but what did they amount too. A playoff birth (no home field advantage) and that's it. I'm sorry that my expectations for this team exceed just a playoff birth. My expectations for this team are getting to the superbowl.

Now, the regular season.... The regular season matters, but YET AGAIN its better to finish the season of on fire (when pressure is mounted) , rather then starting the season on fire. Example, the 9-7 GIANTS.

I provided facts that you don't like, so you believe its a stupid argument. And yet I'm the one that needs to grow up :rolleyes:. This is a discussion, so stop getting your panties in a bunch. Once again you have your opinion and I have mine.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

All the Texans have to do is finish the season on fire.

Simple.

14. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Isn't that what Baltimore did this year as well??????

15. Mr. Clutch

They are so smart!

16. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Not smart but capable :cool:

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They lost 4 of 5 down the stretch and blew a shot at a bye and homefield advantage. That's why a vast majority of Raven fans discussing Joe Flacco at the time sounded an awful lot like, well, you.

18. Mr. Clutch

The key, and not many people know this, is to be on fire in the Super Bowl.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Oh the Texans finished the season on fire alright...

[​IMG]

20. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Sorry, you are right on that. :) Bad example to a certain extent. I say this because they won (or destroyed) the NYG in week 16- 33-14 (Joe Flacco 309 yds 2 TD 0INT). Week 17 their position was already determined so their starters played maybe one quarter (joe flacco was taken out before the end of the first qtr). So they destroyed NYG and were not worried about the last game. So if you go off their last 2 games of the season and the playoffs, they actually finished the season winning 5 out of 6. :grin: