1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub the ELITE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Oct 1, 2012.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I love when the homers prop Schaub when he plays crap teams and doesn't get touched but the minute he has any pressure on him and folds like a cheap tent then it's someone else's fault. This is the single out Schaub for the praise and share the blame to everyone else when he underwhelms and the offense puts up 17 points on a mediocre defense at home.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too much truth! This is too much truth!!

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I love it how people are so quick to jump ship on players after a loss.

Who is great under pressure, the kind of pressure that gives a QB no time at all? The O Line was absolutely awful early. Schaub has his shortcomings but is more than competent.

4. conquistador#11

^because it's only schaub that throws ints. Qbs will have bad games. look at the guys that you masturbate to.

We will see how the offense bounces back, but like every qb, not much you can do when they're in your face as soon as the ball is snap, whether your name is brady or Kolb.

1 person likes this.
  5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

well, Schaub certainly isn't going to run to extend plays. and it was a mediocre defense but i saw our o-line play like crap. No protection or holes for Foster.

i'm well aware of Schaub's shortcomings. i consider football the ultimate team game. that's why the elite QBs of the league have a record of about .500. Schaub was't spectacular but he was the least of our problems tonight.

1 person likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Lmao. Anybody who pins this one on Schaub has an axe to grind.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not going to pin it on him but he sure didn't do **** to help.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That was worse pass protection than the David Carr era. With even less help from the running game. No QB in the league can make plays with defenders swinging from their jock strap all night.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Aaron Rogers and Packers lost to the Colts, who lost to the freakin' Jets! OMG, Packers aren't ready for the Super Bowl. Packers own fans questioned Aaron Rogers.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

There were many negatives in this game, but the passing game wasn't one of them. Schaub played with no run game and no defensive support, like back in the days, and seemed to find that same old connection with Andre. He had some nice completions and looked good a lot of this game.

I don't think those two picks were his fault either. Down big you had to take some risks and air it out.

11. conquistador#11

I think really has sank in. we're not going to go 16-0!
    I wanna cry.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

who helped?
    only Watt had a good game, even Kareem Jackson had a good game compared to the rest of the defense, but besides those, who helped.
    O-line were too focused on Matthews that they let everyone else go inside the pocket.

the 2nd interception you cant say it was Schaub fault, the defender did an amazing catch.

1 person likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This game was lost in all phases. The entire team needs to get back to work, it's as simple as that IMO.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

10 points. ST scored a TD

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

oops yeah 17 points.. forgot the final score for a second..

but it was up against the packers prevent D smh..

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. It was just bad all around. Arian, Schaub, Brown, Meyers, Josaph, manning etc

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"resume", thats the word I was trying to think of in my previous post.

One bad game doesnt mean he goes straight into the QB sewage with Vince Young. There's still some season (and POST-season) to go.

Its just obviously easier to make a case for players and even root for them more when the team is winning. FOR NOW, I'd admittedly I'd rather use this new winning terrority to prop UP players now even if it ventures into "homerism". Before coming back down to earth

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

schaub stands tall in the pocket he just doesn't have a strong arm

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Schaub wasn't spectacular because we weren't playing the Jaguars. He was pretty unspectacular last week as well when Foster ran for 150 yards. I've never seen such an elite QB that requires so much to go right for him to be succesful.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

when all else fails post his stats.. 9-0 against some bum ass teams..