1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub the ELITE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Oct 1, 2012.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If QB list came out right now, where does Schuab rank? I'd say top 8. Guy is underrated. He can win you games, and at the same time, won't single handidly blow it. See Cutler/Vick/Romo.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

HeyNow says different.

3. ubigred

Based on?

4. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Absolutely true! The championship argument is the stupidest one in sports. By this argument Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer,Jim McMahon,Jeff Hostetler,Doug Williams are all elite but hall of fame quarterbacks such as Marino,Jim Kelly,Fran Tarkenton,Warren Moon were not elite. Robert Horry is better than Larry bird and Magic Johnson!

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Schaub is playing well but come on... some of you need to take a step back.

Schaub has yet to play a playoff game. Lets talk elite once we see how he plays on the biggest stage, the NFL playoffs.

That's what separates the great ones.

6. conquistador#11

schaub loves a lovie defense(tampa 2) and the ravens won't have ' ballhard univeristy' the first time we face them. :) that's why i went with the broncos as the toughest.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeppers. I would argue Brady, Brees and Rodgers – all terrific QBs – have played in systems that are much greater than their individual parts. When you can exchange players at multiple positions and seemingly not skip many beats, yes - it’s absolutely a credit to the QB - but also an indication they’ve developed an effective offensive system, not unlike the Texans’ running game. I think Arian Foster is a far superior runner to Ben Tate – but Tate’s ability to churn out 100-yard games is proof that the system is extremely good. We have example of inferior players playing well in those systems (Cassell, Flynn).

Additionally, those guys rarely played with mediocre talent; that’s always overblown. Manning spent a decade playing alongside Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Faulk, James, Addai plus a likely borderline HoF in Jeff Saturday and two of the best pass rushers of this era.

I mentioned some of the defensive players Brady’s played with earlier; he’s also had guys like Light and Mankins blocking for him and Moss, Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez catching passes. Let’s also not discount him playing for a coach many consider one of the best in the entire history of football. The Saints are fairly anonymous beyond Brees but they consistently run the ball very well and their defense – also fairly anonymous – has been terrific at forcing turnovers (as have, btw, the Pats and Packers. You’ll note – those teams won a lot more when their TO differential was positive). Rodgers throws to Jennings, Nelson and Finley – all + players. And defensively, the Packers have one of the best pass rushers in football and a HoFer in the secondary, not to mention two Pro Bowlers (Rajji and Williams).

Football is and always has been a team game. None of these guys are playing with 21 scrubs and a bunch of in-over-their-heads coaches. I think they’re all better than Matt Schaub. But I don’t think the distance is as great as some.

If I were ranking current QBs (as someone else asked), I’d put Rodgers, Brees and Brady as my top 3. I think the next grouping consists of Schaub, Ryan, Roethlisberger and EManning in some order. So right now, he’s top 7. And I’d argue none are playing better than Schaub right now, save for maybe Matt Ryan, who is playing at an extremely high level.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So you agree that Schaub is not elite. You didn't put him in the top tier.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Tier 1 - Ultra Elite

Tier 2 - Super Elite

Tier 3 - Mega Elite

Tier 4 - Elite

Tier 5 - Terrible

Tier 6 - Romo

1 person likes this.
  10. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

LOL Repped

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Wouldn't Mega be better than Super...

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

further proof that everything can be argued...

btw, I thought the same thing:grin:

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

All of them are in the HOF, but yeah they are not elite, and they werent elite during their prime. :rolleyes:

14. ubigred

He isn't elite.

15. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

schaub be btter than b4, dat don't make peeps sayin he waz elite 4 year ago rite, never saw a fade rowt till dis year, he iz better now, how much better iz da question

16. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Who would win, Megaman or Superman?

17. Relentless

Relentless Member

What.the.****.

Are you seriously this uneducated?

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I've given up reading his posts.

That's his gimmick he has started doing the last few months. He posted normal, went away for a few months and then repackaged himself as a 12 year old girl.

19. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

frum wut I cun tell u post bout little wite gurls, least i aint a pedo Jesus Christ

20. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, he's just undefeated.

What's the elitiest of the elite's record again?