1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub returns in first away game

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bandwagoner, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I just lost all respect for Kubiak as a person. Not a coincidence Schaub returns in first game away from Texans fans. Kubiak is scared of fan response, otherwise Schaub would have been playing at home.

This is really just some low down tail between your legs, completely clueless coaching.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

err, Kubiak already put Schaub in for Keenum vs. Oakland at home.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

He did insert Schaub against Oakland at home.

But I agree otherwise. **** Kubiak.

4. Bandwagoner

And he was booed so bad they had to use a silent count. Kubiak obviously wanted to start Schaub the rest of the home stand but was afraid too until they were outside of the confines of Houston. This is my point, he is scared of the fans, and completely clueless.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

someone hasn't been watching the Texans.

6. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I think some of you have reading comprehension fail... The OP clearly states "First" followed by "away game".

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's not a reading comprehension fail, it's a disagree with the premise fail. Kubiak has already shown that he's willing to put Schaub in. I don't think it is has anything to do with home/road. If he hadn't already tried it before, I'd agree with OP.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm fine with the decision.

Case Keenum is not a starting NFL qb....yet. He should have been pulled once he was figured out...which I think was after three games.

#8 Two Sandwiches, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Ang Lee faints. (because now he sees what true love a man can hold for another)

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

You are missing OP's the point..

Kubiak felt he could put Schaub in at home (against Oakland).. it didn't go so well. So he was reserved about doing it again.

Now they're on the road and look who's in the game.

11. Major

Major Member

Or maybe he didn't because the Texans didn't fall far behind in either of the last two games and thus it wasn't necessary.

12. Bandwagoner

Was only losing by 11 in Oakland. I'm convinced it was fan reaction over 4 points.

13. Major

Major Member

It was 11 points and 5 or 6 straight three-and-outs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. There was no indication that Case was going to be able to help the team comeback. The latter two games, it was never more a one possession game - I think they are giving Case every chance to try to win the games for them, but once it becomes clear it's not happening that day, they make the switch.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bandwagoner

When Case scored 6 points against the Jags, what confidence did you have of a comeback? When Schaub starts at Indy, it will be obvious.

15. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Keenum "All He Does is Lose"

16. Major

Major Member

They needed one drive to come back and win it. Like I said, they are giving Case every chance until he demonstrates that it's clearly not going to happen.

If the roles were reserved, and Schaub was starting and performed the same, it would have been the right decision to yank him for the backup QB vs Oakland and today, and to leave him in during the other two games. It's frustrating to fans because we don't care about winning and only want to see the future - but Kubiak is coaching for future jobs, so he's going to coach to win with the understanding that the organization is also looking to the future. From that perspective, the two times Case was yanked is fairly logical. Case was showing nothing at all and there was still an outside chance to win the game if you can change things up - that's Schaub's role now.

1 person likes this.
  17. NotChandlerParsons

LOL at the Chron title. "QB controversy re-emerges as Keenum lands on bench." QB controversies are for teams that are trying to win. Let Schaub ride the pine and see if Keenum can do anything. If not, no harm done.

18. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Winning games is meaningless right now. Developing younger players to see what your needs are is tantamount. Not that it matters because this entire FO and coaching staff is going to get fired soon after the game in Tennessee.

19. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

I haven't watched the game yet, I was at a Christmas party last night. But it sound like in the post game that most of Andre's yards came from Schaub.

If so, I'll accept putting Schaub in to get AJ to 100 / 1500.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Schaub had 4 pick sixes in a row and only got benched when he got injured, Keenum gets benched because the game is close :rolleyes: