1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scariest Moment of Your Life So Far?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What has been the scariest moment of your life so far?

The reason I ask is because recently my one year old daughter was eating and started choking and first we thought it was the normal eating/drinking too fast but it quickly became apparent that this was worse. She continued to cough and choke and make sounds like she was being strangled to death. Of course, her mother and I were in complete panic mode and although her mother is CPR/RA/Heimlich Maneuver trained, in the heat of the moment she wasn't very calm. Suddenly she started getting deep shades of red and sort of purplish. Very scary stuff for a parent.

Luckily, her mother did calm down however and was able to get the obstruction out of our daughter's airway and after a bout of crying and vomiting she was back to herself. Honestly, it was the scariest thing I have been through so far in my life but it has been helpful because I know I need to get trained like her mother is so that if the situation arises again I'll be prepared.

What about you?

1 person likes this.
  2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

[​IMG]

edit: whoops I thought you meant the saddest moment in your life

The scariest moment of my life was when i was 17. Driving with couple of friends, I was going 85 mph. Suddenly one of the tires blew out and the car flipped about 4 times. Luckily nothing serious happened to me and my friends. The car RIP 1998-2006

#2 GlenRice, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Definitely when I hydroplaned on a patch of ice on the freeway travelling 65 MPH.

1 person likes this.
  4. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Being robbed at gunpoint in my own house, for sure

1 person likes this.
  5. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

My brother was in a coma from a car wreck for a month when I was 16. Practically lived at the ICU with my parents and that waiting room is the worst place in this world. As a 16 year old seeing other families loose there loved ones over that month was horrible. You get to know all these other families since everyone is up there 24/7. For some reason though even seeing that I don't think it ever crossed my mind that my brother might not pull through. Luckily my brother came out of it and had a full recovery.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mae

Mae Member

I would have to peg my scariest moment as when I was giving birth to my first son. Labor went rather quickly. They got him out and moved him to the nurse cart and my mother (who was the only one with me at the time) moved with him to take pictures. The doctor took his gloves off and let the nurse take over. She kept massaging my gut with her fist (which is normal) and then she started getting this peculiar look on her face. She ended up trying something else which I won't share probably because it's TMI. Then in a calm, but rather hurried voice she told another nurse to call back the doctor.

I was still bleeding and passing soft ball sized clots. Here I was laying on the bed fifteen feet from the thing I wanted most in my life at that moment (my son) and God was going to take me away before I could even hold him. All I managed to say was, "Mom."

She turned around and the look on her face freaked me out even further. She came over and held my hand. She told me later that I was extremely pale and there was so much blood. The doctor came back in and went immediately to work.

2 hours later I was able to hold my son.

So when I was pregnant with my second I was constantly terrified that I would die in pregnancy. There is a surprisingly high death count for American mother's giving birth. I started to grow apprehensive and cry about it at night before he was born. But my mother told the doctor this time what happened last time and they were better prepared. It went much more smoothly, though I had to have some of the same stuff done as last time. Just no panicking with it.

Even writing about it now makes me cry. :(

1 person likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hydraulics failed on plane. Landed on a foamed runway with emergency vehicles ready to go. Fortunately all ended O.K., although every inch of the runway was used and the plane kind of skidded sideways as it was braking.

On the flight they put us on to get us home, one of the engines backfired (for lack of a better word) and we saw flames shoot out as we were descending to land.

1 person likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

When I was 10 years old I was hit by a car. When I woke up my Mom told me I had lost so much blood that they thought I would die. Luckily I obviously survived.

I can't imagine going thru something like that Pun. My 4 month old boy just got sick for the first time and we felt bad that we couldn't give or do anything to make him feel better. How helpless we are at times as parents.

Scary man, glad she's okay.

1 person likes this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Being threatened to be kicked out of school...

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

this.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's sweet.

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Failing to pull out in time... happened a few times actually. Then I mastered the art of pulling out.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

She was there too :grin:

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Looking outside of a vacant house with damages totaling $40,000 (it wasn't me), and seeing the law dogs.

I cleared 5 fences in about 10 seconds and managed to get away.

15. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

hit a random log going full speed on a jetski and got ejected into a rock wall with cactus' on them

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Haha, never mind then! :eek:

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was working at a bank when we were robbed at gunpoint. Dude came right up to me (I was the only male working there) and stuck his gun against my left temple. One of the ladies working there who was 8 months pregnant fainted. Very scary.

I still won't go inside a bank unless I absolutely HAVE to. And when I do, I find myself keeping my head on a swivel and mapping out a quick escape route in my mind.

1 person likes this.
  18. Mae

Mae Member

I'm not sure why...but your sig reminds me of one of these....

[​IMG]

19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Driving a rental car up to Zermatt, Switzerland (mountain road). The weather was very mild at the base of the mountain, so we decided to drive up with a German rental (no snow tires).

About 45 minutes into the drive, it starts snowing really hard, we didn't have snow tires, and our car was sliding all over the place.

There was no side railing on this road, so it was very possible that our car could have slid right off the mountain. Luckily, the driver regained control and we were able to wait out the storm.

1 person likes this.
  20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

* waiting for DaDakota to post his so I can say " :p Yeah, well, that was the happiest moment of my life!" :eek: *

When I know I'm scared, I have a special physical feeling that my body goes through... I can't describe it. :(

It was probably almost dying drowned in the river when a buddy pulled me out of the water while I was being dragged by the river's current. YES, that river. YES, between Mexico and the USA.

1 person likes this.