1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SBNation]Harden leads the league in Defensive Win Share

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 23, 2014.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think the even better sign for Rockets fans is Harden is continuing to improve his overall game and is taking steps each summer to be a better player. I know one fear I had when Harden first got here(and again when Dwight joined) was whether he just wanted to have a good time or whether he had what it took to put himself on that next level. I don't think he will ever be Durant/KD but I think he could absolutely be that next tier of player who is exceptional in a few areas, and really good at the others.

If Harden can continue with this defensive play, he could be in the Durant/Lebron complete player camp. He's already an elite scorer, elite passer, good rebounder for his position, etc. He just needs to add to his defensive game, be able to play both sides of the ball for 4 quarters, and be a vocal leader on the team. The early returns are positive that he is trying to do just that.

2. haydenfisher342

"James Harden better then me right now on defense ? Huh, im very distraught right now, so much so I knocked plant over." Tim Duncan.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

So, hypothetically... IF he were to keep this up, and we are able to finish top 3 in the West...

Dare u ask the question, could James Harden get some DOPY consideration...? Am I insane?

4. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

A resounding no! Somebody earlier mentioned that Ariza still guards the best player. Could he make all defensive team, 1st or 2nd. I think that its possible but the Rockets record will have to be #1 in the West. I would really enjoy that.

5. TheresTheDagger

Sent an email to Bill Simmons mailbag about this. Will look to see if he responds. LOL.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Him and Daryl must have had a falling out because Simmons hates the Rockets now after being a big Morey supporter for many years. Now that he is in the upper echelon of NBA sports writers/analysts, he has to do what the cool kids are doing - which at the moment is hating on Houston.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I was being facetious.

I agree though, could make 2nd team all defense... Possibly

8. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

9. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

the fans are starting to see through the bias though which is good. here's one comment

"trying to push a narrative that one of the best defenders in the NBA is bad at defense? Look at his stats defensively. He is pretty god damn good. Rockets are the number 1, yes, number 1 defense in the NBA. Really pathetic that this **** gets posted on a site like this. really sad. He is an MVP candidate, but lazy journalists just decide to push a narrative"

10. AFS

AFS Member

Yeah, the majority of the comments were defending Harden. I hope Harden can keep this level of intensity up on the defensive end, because its translating into wins.

11. jamphus

jamphus Member

Harden has a habit gambling for a steal, and risking being passed by the ball handler.

If he got the steal, he got credits on scoreboard and def win share.
    If not, he got somebody else behind to guard the ball handler for him. No def win-share loss as well.

Win-win situation for Harden. :cool:

12. baubo

baubo Member

You are mistaking win shares with PER.