1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say Hello to Better Uniforms!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

?

new owner new uniforms

1. yes

247 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. no

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes @RasaqBoi , a simple googling of flag bikinis would have confirmed this

[​IMG]

RasaqBoi, BigMaloe, Tfor3 and 5 others like this.
  2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I like this but could we replace the dude at the bottom with maybe a Rocket? Not a dildo shaped rocket but something that looks more aerodynamic?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's a Rocket Man with a jet pack about ready to prove our Ceiling is Through the Roof (see the roof) :cool:

D-rock and Tha_Dude like this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

I really don't get the hate for our logo, easily the best ever. The clamouring for the old one is just nostalgia, it was not that great. I also cannot fathom how people like this one with the flying man; way too much going on, similar idea of the dildo logo and even how Rockets is spelled is oddly similar, just not a logo imo.

oogie boogie likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Dildo's can look aerodynamic too

D-rock likes this.
  6. Caesar

Caesar Member

"Easily the best ever" is an opinion you know you've never or rarely ever shared with anyone else. So you're basically saying **** the majority who absolutely don't like it. They have horrible taste. BEST EVA!

Honestly though, it can be updated slightly or used more creatively. The NBA screwed it up when they forced teams to use city and team name as part of the primary logo and that pretty much ruins it:
    [​IMG]

It was supposed to be a stand alone logo such as the NY logo.

The wordmark is a bit tacky and out dated at this point and the launching part of the R still looks poorly done and looks like dripping blood. Certainly has potential to be better but then again so did our late 90s dildo logo.

If teams are going for roundels or shields much like a soccer club, you could use the R logo launching with smoke clouds creating the roundel or shield and fitting the city and team name shouldn't be a problem IMO. Neither would fitting on some yellow/gold.

Deuce, D-rock and jacoby like this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Our logo without the names is to me easily the best Rocket logo ever. Nobody has to agree, but like with red and yellow, I think the nostalgic feeling is clouding people's opinion. I do agree a few tweaks could make it even better. The blood drip I agree with and I like smoke idea, though would be tough to make it look clean. I think for next logo we could just hint at a rocket in a smoke / fire or space setting.

BigM and jacoby like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden's jersey not being at the top of the charts has little to do with the jersey, but rather the aesthetic style of his game. It's like 90% the player and 10% the cloth.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

The 'R' logo is one of the best logos in sports. If we had it in the 90's when we were winning championships and then switched to the microsoft paint logo we had back then everyone would be calling for the return of the 'R'. I hope we never change it.

#269 jacoby, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    OTMax likes this.
  10. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Which part of the bay are you from??

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

So then those who like the logo, just want new uniforms? Can I take a guess that yall just want black jerseys?

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

I want to keep the logo but change the uniforms.

bmd likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think if the option was keeping the logo but completely gutting the uniforms most people would be ok with it. I agree that the old logo isn't that nice either. But the current one isn't good enough to survive an overhaul. It's a blood dripping R.

I LOVE the colors on that flying man logo but it's too busy.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

So ceiling is not the roof????

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

The best version of the R logo IMO:
    [​IMG]

16. Play07

Play07 Member

I'm from Houston area been living in San Jose working in eastbay for a year

17. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

How do you like San Jose so far?? I'm from SF currently living in southern california lol.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i want updated versions of the old championship team logo and uniform. F this communist red flaming R crap we have right now

macho GRANDE and Tha_Dude like this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

In communist China, logo design you.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I know I'm 14 pages and two weeks behind here.
    But we're getting new uni's this year regardless, with the new Nike deal, right?

I read they are doing away with road/home colors, the home team will get to choose their jersey each game and the opponent will wear one of their color contrasting alternate options.