1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saudi Wahabia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sammy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Ibn Abd Al-Wahab has set back Islam advancements and hurt more Muslims than arguably anything in the last 1000 year.

1 person likes this.
  2. Exiled

Exiled Member

Lol you are in a mood today of nagging things

This a link use Google translator
    http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/03/05/269776.html

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

5. sammy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dL_h9nx9I4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re-posted to embed. This one will give you a clear picture of who Exiled is. Please watch the whole video where both the Shia and Sunni speakers call out the mindset of the Wahabi movement.

6. sammy

Exiled - go to sleep knowing that NOT ONE of the thousands of posters on this forum agree with you on anything. We are all wrong. You are right. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Exiled

Exiled Member

8. fchowd0311

Do you want to retract your statement about the minimum age for marriage being 16 in Saudi?

9. fchowd0311

You are the most naive person in existence if you honestly believe only 6 whole women in Saudi Arabia have been impregnated before the age of 18.

And if any of those men who impregnated those girls were over the age of 18 in the United States, you can bet your ass they are going to spend time in prison and then have to knock on their new neighbor's door telling them they ****ed children for the rest of their lives.

Even the Saudi Minister of Justice knows there is a problem with child brides in Saudi hence why he wanted to push reform to change the age of marriage to 16. You honestly believe he would want to push this reform for 6 kids? Seriously? Are you that naive?

#69 fchowd0311, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Guys you made your mind , so you wont bother with facts..

Sammy : I agree with Shia on one thing, Imam Ali,Hussain should had taken the khilafa, but for many other believes, I disagree. Or doest make sense to me ,I might have similar views like yours if I was in your position

47 terrorist. 46 of them were sunnies. 1 was shiea. Percentages speak of it self. It's not like Iran. A shia has better rights in Riyadh than Tahdan itself.

Nemer gave many times a hate speech , one time his nephew a minor that time with rage joined other youngsters and killed a police officer.

fchw# I think you are terribly misinformed .

I.e you don't get approval for marriage before you pass medical exam. HIV,health,mental ,age etc are all factors. In some cases a suspected unfit person may asked to take 2 month course of marriage affair.

You are also not informed on some states laws like Louisiana minors marriage.

If you bothered to read the study you might find the following. Assume a high school graduation ceremony in place.
    In 1000 girl aged 15-17 among them:
    36 pregnant
    56 breast feeding
    76 their babies can say their first sentence :), the babies are cute but with marriage or just casual sex, not the best environment for both child

By the way I received gift on last Hanaka more than eid

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its sad when news like this doesn't even surprise you. Saudi is the worst country there is...I don't think that's even debatable (had to live there for a couple of years so no I'm not just talking out of my ass.

12. sammy

13. sammy

Again, this isn't a Shia or Sunni thing. It's a civil rights issue. You can't chop people's heads off bc they stand up to the govt. At least, not in a civilized country

Edit: We're seeing this all over actually. It's happening right now in Nigeria and there is no coverage of it. A massive coverup by the govt and military (mass graves) with potentially hundreds to a thousand casualties.

http://www.signalng.com/sheik-el-zakzaky-arrested-by-nigerian-soldiers/

We know protesters were murdered in Egypt, Bahrain and who knows where else. The world is a messed up place.

#73 sammy, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So we have trailer trash from Saudi Arabia posting hate speech on this forum?

15. Buck Turgidson

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=jt5ptoqwjmh9j-rxmlvkxw" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. hlcc

hlcc Member

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

It's really the green movement that was ahead of the curve on this one. Lessen dependance on a carbon-run economy and stop funding so many of the resource-rich crazy regimes. It's not just Saudi Arabia here but the Saudis are some of the worst.

Those autocratic dinosaur economies have been able to run a raft of nonsensical policies and thinking thanks to foreign oil money. There's no way they'd be able to get away with as much s**t and have a fully functioning 21st century state without it.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't even understand what Exiled is trying to say.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Do you even understand the things you are saying?

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I don't understand what you don't understand. Ask me specific questions and I'll respond with specific answers.

That said, here's the general foundation for my thinking:

There's a few ways to create wealth in this crazy world of ours (not an exhaustive list):

1) extract resources
    2) apply science and technology to create/democratize new innovations
    3) extract wealth from others by being a service layer

the first requires people willing to take as much as they can.

the second and third require citizens with high education, intelligence, autonomy and determination. Intelligent people tend to agglomerate together into clustered urban economies (hence Wall Street for banking, and Silicon Valley for technology) and often have a certain culture and lifestyle they desire with plenty of political freedoms and tastes that differ from social norms (incidentally, it is no coincidence that both NY and SF have huge BDSM and non-heteronormative communities).

Nobody in their right mind would want to start something truly innovative in Riyadh if they maintain their current policies/thinking/rights regime. And if it wasn't for oil money, countries like Saudi Arabia would have to choose between backwards ideas and poverty (what the regime is now calling "diversification"). The Saudi regime is buffeted by subsidies, an icky alliance with Islamic clerics, oil jobs and little else--and much of that support is enabled by foreign economies due to their very poor engineering of utter dependence on carbon resources.