1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saudi Arabia to lower oil prices, the houston boom is over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Oct 13, 2014.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yup, the yard consisted of a small patch to get to the utility box. You're basically RIGHT on top of your neighbors, no privacy on your balconies at all and if someone parks in front of your garage, good luck finding out who. I was late to work quite a few times waiting on tow trucks to tow away vehicles. Also your neighbors have to park on the narrow streets, usually half a block down if they're lucky.

First floor was the foyer and a bedroom/bathroom, second the kitchen/tiny balcony/large den and dining room and 1 bathroom, third was the master suite with a HUGE walk in closet and huge bathroom/spa, another tiny balcony. That's about the only thing I liked about it. Forget your water in bed? Walk down the long ass spiral staircase to the kitchen and back. Forget your keys while in the garage? 3 story walk to the bedroom. Honestly though it was just having neighbors right on top of you that irked the hell out of me. Especially when Washington Ave was hopping. Someone would lease a condo out to like 5 douche bags who just ruined the place and took up all parking along the tiny streets.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i get what you are saying but i looked at that link. and the one plan had a backpack rack on the 1st floor.

you didn't even mention that... seriously what more could you want??

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1 story house FTW. No more going up and down stairs late at night and no more moving furniture up and down stairs. After almost dying several times while trying to move an armoire upstairs in my folks' house that settled it for me.

I didn't even like the 2 story townhouse I had for a year.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is me. I lease to super douches, show up at the HOA meetings with popcorn and laugh at everyone crying.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Thats where we used to play poker but it had no roof deck.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I was the guy you were all looking for who kept having your cars towed. I told you it was probably the neighbor.

:waves:

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Answered already

#1307 ubigred, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

You pretty much confirmed all the concerns I have.

-garages being 2 feet of each other..it's not like apts since you usually park in a separate multistory garage. i don't think i feel this claustrophobic in an apt setting.
    -moving furniture to all these floors
    -parking for guests
    -noise going up and down the stairs when significant other is sleeping

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

My wife's company (mid size E&P) just made layoffs this morning, approx. 10%. Luckily she survived.

Also cutting salaries by 5% over a certain threshold

10. mikus

mikus Member

Wow looks like Saudi Arabia is ready to let it all burn...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...urprises-opec/ar-BBpVQ7x?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

A quote
    Though some of this has to be bravado because at these prices, Saudi Arabia will burn through all of their cash reserves by 2019, due to their budget deficit. Still not too promising for oil prices in the near term.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least it is financially feasibly for saudi to continue pumping oil at $30. At $30, marginal costs for many producers aretoo high. The Saudi's are going to crush the US guys. Once that happens watch the price spike to like $100.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oil will never be $100 again. Never. too many alternatives and better technology.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There is no current technology that is as energy dense as oil. The energy density of most batteries can't touch oil. Who would have predicted $30 dollar oil when it was $120. Never say Never since you can't predict the future. I am not saying it will be $100 in a month or a year, but at some point in the future it will be a $100.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Technology got oil down to $30. You can't make it harder to get oil out of the ground now because what's done is done. The tech allowed the supply to become cheaper and easier to extract. The only thing that can drive the price up now is demand, but enough demand from where? Don't forget about climate change and public sentiment on hydrocarbons to.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I said this when oil hit $100 initially.

It will never hit $75 again. Every major oil owner in the world is selling every drop as fast as possible, price be damned. They are selling their assets in their own countries too. They are saying all the things they would say if it was coming to an end, they are doing all the things they would do if they had just realized it was over. I have a very close up view of it, but if you pay close attention you can see it.

Privatization about to be unleashed in several oil dominant countries. Increased meetings with IMF. Introduction of VAT. Cutting down of budgets, shrinking of sovereign wealth funds. OPEC broke up. Wars left and right, oil barons jumping in, buying heaps of weapons.

It's super clear. They're doing a surprisingly good job of weathering it, but the fat lady is warming up.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would be true if supply was infinite. As some point supply WILL dwindle. And unless the world is running on something universally more efficient and cheap at that point, I could easily see the price start to ramp back up to that range. It wouldn't be soon, obviously.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

only siths speak in absolutes.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The price will go back up when Saudi Arabia stops giving oil away. Technology has certainly helped in regards to getting it out of the ground but that isn't the sole factor in making prices what the are. Saudi will eventually hurt themselves doing what they are doing.. It may be a year or 20 years down the road.

We are buying oil and storing it under ground. I am working on a project right now that does just this thing in salt mines under 288 near the Wild Cat Golf Course.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What does a energy storage device like a battery have to do with oil? I don't think RH was talking about batteries.

Same place SA stores their oil.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oil will be well over $100 at some point. It'll be a long time from now but of course it will happen.

I'm hoping things get decent in the next year or two. I landed with a major services company and it would be nice if the industry picked up again at some point in 17, 18.