1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Saudi Arabia News)One small step in the right direction

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, Apr 13, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...s-police-arresting-power-160413141418824.html

"Saudi Arabia has stripped its religious forces of their powers to arrest, urging them to act "kindly and gently" in enforcing Islamic rules.

Under changes approved by the Saudi cabinet on Wednesday, religious officers will no longer be allowed to detain people and instead must report violators to police or drug squad officers, the official Saudi Press Agency said.

Officers of the Haia force, also known as the Mutawaa, must "carry out the duties of encouraging virtue and forbidding vice by advising kindly and gently" under the new rules, it reported.

"Neither the heads nor members of the Haia are to stop or arrest or chase people or ask for their IDs or follow them - that is considered the jurisdiction of the police or the drug unit," the regulations say."

Obviously, this is still not enough because the asinine notion that one should be reported for being openly an apostate or the other 1001 haram things in Islam is still pretty damn draconian.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How the hell did they arrest people? Where did they put them? Bizarre.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Will they now sanitize the swords before beheading infidels?

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

if this need further explanation, i am ready to help .

you can get shot if a Cop feel for a split of a second that you may endanger him. sometime , not even rational thoughts given to begin with ...

that's not the case in most parts of the world, as a matter of facts , many places enforce more restriction upon their government branches forces , in sake of better treatment of civilians .

i hope others follow these little foot step of progress

5. CometsWin

WTF does that have to do with religious police?

There's a legal threshold for the use of deadly force in the US not predicated on religion. In additions, police in many parts of the world don't carry guns and guns are not widely available to the general public so how is your comment even applicable? What? And how does a Wahhabist get the nerve to talk about little foot steps of progress when Saud Arabia is a royalty with medieval laws? What?

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

these are law enforcer regardless of how you label them,subject to individuals flows , abuse etc'

go naked to a mall, & you get your ass stamped with security officer's boots regardless where your geographical location

7. CometsWin

We're not talking about abuse, we're talking about Saudi religious police, royalty and arcane laws by any standard in the modern world.

What you're doing is basically an old Russian communist propaganda tool. Disregard the fact you're feaking communist and point out abuse in other countries to diminish your own disgusting laws and tactics.

A woman in the the U.S. could go to any mall in the country wearing shorts and a tank top, how about Saudi Arabia?

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

you cant go to certain bars if you dont meets their dress code.
    anyhow its not a contest of who go more freely naked , but whatever regulation exist there , its packed by public supports . no one is held by a gun to stay there ....you don't like it , go somewhere else .

BTW these religious officers were created at one point of time for one purpose :

those conservative clerics : get distracted ,chase teenager in malls and such; , but leave politics and government affair alone.

that's worked well , now those power striped away gradually for years , once political conservatives aren't any longer a serious threat

9. fchowd0311

Not a serious threat? They leave potlics and government affairs alone?

Is that why an atheist has been convicted and sentenced to TEN years in prison THIS YEAR for simply tweeting?

https://news.vice.com/article/saudi...-in-prison-and-2000-lashes-for-atheist-tweets

10. CometsWin

WTF are you talking about? You just compared every mall in America to "certain bars" have dress codes? What? So all of Saudi Arabia is a certain bar with an arcane dress code but there are no bars in Saudi Arabia are they?

Your contention is that religious police have worked well. I doubt that went well for people hounded by them or arrested and jailed for wearing shorts and a tank top at the mall.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

i dont think you understand how it works , but lets leave it this way:

you can vote in the US, you can express your views , and someone may care of what you thinks , but there in Saudis , not sure anyone would care of what you think of them , let alone explaining how things different.

if people want to change , they will take matters into their own hands

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

for conservatives that's not enough.anyhow , each month of Ramadan comes with pardons

if you are stupid enough you may donate cash to Hamas , or tweet your compassion for Qaiyda , then guess what~ no one going to take freedom of expression seriously . try to salute Hitler in most of EU, or raise your voice for Palestinians right in Haifa, it help to keep track of your action based on given circumstances , unless you want to be a hero of-course

now can you focus a little bit on Bangladesh, apparently you want to fix everywhere in ME , but you forgot home Spring cleaning

13. fchowd0311

I would love to call you the 'master of deflection' but you are absolute shiat in regards to that also. I have nothing to do with Bangladesh besides visiting it a few times in my pre-pubescent years. I have no affinity towards Bangladesh nor do I implicitly or explicitly support Bangladesh nor do I ever ravenously rush to support them or make apologetic excuses for any draconian state sponsored acts they perform like you do with Saudi. You are quite simply an idiot. There is no further explanation needed in regards to your **** deflections, incoherent ramblings and total lack of basic common sense. I truly hope you are a troll just to feel comfortable knowing that an idiot at the level of yourself doesn't actually exist.

"According to Saudi newspaper Al Watan, the country's Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice found that the 28-year-old man posted more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God"

So now publicly denying the existence of God is on equal footing to supporting Hitler...

#13 fchowd0311, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  14. CometsWin

So the laws and traditions in royal Saudi are brutal and medieval by the choice of the people and thus it's perfectly acceptable to call it a backwards and medieval society. It's also fair to say that societies in modern nations have a more developed and educated perspective on freedom, human rights, and democracy.

Man, that sucks for yall.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

then its your own personal problem that you deal with it if you dont take pride of your heritage.just because you dont , does not means others would

16. fchowd0311

I take pride in things I accomplished as an individual. There is no pride in slipping of a vagina that happens to be 'xxx' ethnicity or heritage.

Where my ancestors came from has no bearing on my actions and paradigms. You would have a case if I was a giant apologist for any of the draconian practices in Bangladesh, but I am not. If I made excuse after excuse for any of the horrible things that happen in Bangladesh, then maybe you might actually have a point for once, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

At the very least, women in Bangladesh can ****ing drive a car. There. That is the most I have ever typed in support of Bangladesh.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

speaking of relativity, they are way better than many places . but yea again : ""it is up to people to decide" , << this some sort of democracy .

BTW , if your intention to bring democracy to Saudi Arabia similar to how it brought to Iraq/Afghanistan , then no thanks . i appreciate the considerations though

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Go Naked?

I've had family members harassed by the Mutawa's for literally, having their ankles showing (where the shows are curved around your ankle bone). They were wearing the abayas on top of their clothes, but it showed less than an inch of skin....

Those pieces of **** would literally follow us around the malls....

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, I think I get what you are doing here. Yes, there are unjust laws in the U.S. Yes, we have our problems with civil rights towards certain groups. Yes sometimes the police don't take rape and such seriously and turn a blind eye.

The U.S. isn't perfect.

But when compared to Saudi Arabia, you have to admit that it is MUCH MUCH worse in terms of what happens to people if they are not in line with the gov't or religious institutions - often times which has laws that are draconian.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

well one of them harassed my sister .i told him that i am going to complain to the minister of interior... , they basically run away . if you dont know the law , then you are in trouble in every places