1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS 1st take: Deandre Jordan wants to go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree that he’s also a better defender, or at least a more intimidating rim protector historically

rebounding is a wash, and Clint is better offensively and from the line

if DJ could hit his free throws, then this would be something I’d think about, but he can’t, and hack-a-DJ would be a huge problem

I saw what Washington was doing to Ben Simmons the other night, and my Dwight PTSD kicked in

D-rock, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Nah, but there's a good chance one of CP3's other former running mates, Tyson Chandler, will look to sign here if he's bought out by PHX.

RudyTBag and saleem like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

An alternate solution might be to sell high on Capela and net Deandre + another upgrade somewhere else. Hard to find something that works though.

basketballholic likes this.
  4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

agreed

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely, especially If he has James Harden, Chris Paul and Lebron James locked up, and we coming off of a championship this year.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what teams are going to pay him $100 mil. you seem to believe DJ is clearly better than CC. False

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. alethios

alethios Member

DJ has been making FTs at around 60% this season. His form is better now than it's ever been. I'm still not sold on him coming here though if it means losing CC.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you just say that Dwight Howard is the best defensive big in the NBA?

Are you insane?

His pick & roll defense alone makes him essentially unplayable on any team that wants to make the playoffs and win. Conversely, Deandre Jordan's 1.1 blocks every 32 minutes is also incredibly uninspiring. He's not intimidating anyone.

I think you are mixing these guys up with Rudy Gobert. (Who every member on this board would probably trade Clint for)

DeAndre freaking Jordan? Come on man.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats bc teams arent hacking him bc they dont need to. They're losing anyway. hes still a bad ft shooter. Perfect example of looking at a box score without context. his form is no different.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, it’s hard for me to think of something

Ryno+Clint for DJ, and then Ego for Tobias Harris? Sign JJ Redick in the offseason for bench scoring? How many people here would be happy with that?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

There's a new DeAndre thread every week now.

DeAndre is good people, reps Houston through & through but no. No the first the time, no the second time, no this time, no the next time the next DeAndre thread inevitably pops up.

[​IMG]

D-rock, heypartner, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Wow...so SAS was smart enough to put together that:
    A. DeAndre is from Houston and reps the H pretty hard
    B. The PG that made him all of his money and helped make him effective is in the H
    C. The Clips suck
    D. The Clips suck

How SAS every put all of that together is pretty shocking, yet informative.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I like him as a dude. Hes got the astros tatoo but it makes no sense for us unless he degrades his career by becoming a 2nd string center on a small contract after a buyout.

It just makes no sense for either side i think.

Pen15clubber, Vivi, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not me, imo that would be a downgrade overall, Detroit also needs a pg and not a SG since they have Bradley so...but yeah, Clint + Ryan > DeAndre + Harris for me (all things considered), adding Gordon for Redick (assuming we would be able to sign him) makes it even more bad.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Only would make sense if it were a sign and trade with Capela after this season or if there was a buyout.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, which is why I don’t see how a DJ trade could work out...I wouldn’t want to lose my starting PF and C for him

Clint is our best asset, I say hold him for a better opportunity at the deadline, S&T possibilities during the summer, or to take advantage of his relatively small cap hold in free agency

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Need to save Anderson's salary for the LeBron sign and trade that goes down next summer.

luckyman76 and DonKnock like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Agree on all counts

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This dude almost played for @swyyyguy 's shitty mavs just to be close to Houston. Dude wants to be home so bad. But sorry breh. We have been down that road before.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

What teams? You serious? are you not paying attention to how teams are throwing contracts around lately? lol Bad teams with money to spend are waiting to pay Clint $20 a year based clearly off his upside, because he sure isn't worth it now (reason why Morey let him go into restriction state) He's 23 and averaging a double double.....it's Morey's last ACE to bring in another big piece. YES, i believe DJ is better than Clint right now...i don't care who is better 4 years from now. Right now.....DJ is a WAY better defender and rebounder and things he does like intimidate and change shots aren't seen on the stat sheets. Look, its not worth a debate really lolol I would be just as happy to keep Clint, but something has to give. Morey couldn't get a deal done with Clint this past offseason for a reason.....clint is expected to get big offers and I don't think the rockets will match. If I had my choice and if he were available...I'd send Clint ass to Memphis, but let's stick to this subject lol

Little Bit likes this.